CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@hare singh nayak • 08 Sep, 2012
The Gini coefficient measures the inequality among values of a frequency distribution (for example levels of income). A Gini coefficient of zero expresses perfect equality where all values are the same (for example, where everyone has an exactly equal income). A Gini coefficient of one (100 on the percentile scale) expresses maximal inequality among values (for example where only one person has all the income)

this answer in from Wikipedia can any one explain me in simple way .
what is the use of it in data mining.
@Ankita Katdare • 09 Sep, 2012
hare singh nayak
The Gini coefficient measures the inequality among values of a frequency distribution (for example levels of income). A Gini coefficient of zero expresses perfect equality where all values are the same (for example, where everyone has an exactly equal income). A Gini coefficient of one (100 on the percentile scale) expresses maximal inequality among values (for example where only one person has all the income)

this answer in from Wikipedia can any one explain me in simple way .
what is the use of it in data mining.
I hope some CEans will help you in simplifying the terminologies.
Here is an excerpt from some book -
https://books.google.co.in/books?id=...v=onepage&q=gini index in data mining&f=false
17.7k views

Related Posts

@Ambarish Ganesh · Jan 7, 2014

Micromax dual-boot Android/Windows 8.1 Tablet LapTab was revealed at CES 2014, and the Intel-powered tablet has dual operating systems- Windows 8.1 and Android. The official launch of this tablet is...
3.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 17, 2012

If you're one of those, who is just fooling around and looking for places to literally 'kill time', you've got to check this out. 'The Useless Web' is a carefully...
5k views

@vvishwaskumar · Nov 19, 2009

hi i have a bicycle having a load of 100 kg acting on it. I have to calculate the starting torque, to propell the bicycle, either on the wheel or...
16.7k views

@Radhika Deshpande · Dec 1, 2016

Born and brought up in Hyderabad, Kranthi Kumar hails from a lower middle-class family. In the neighborhood he grew up, an academic bent of mind led a person to lead...
8.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jun 6, 2010

A Stranger in Paradise The Story of an extraordinary Civil Servant- By Achala Moulik A Text book of Surveying – By C L Kochher A Water Harvesting Manual for Urban...
29.8k views