What is firewall? Detailed Explanation

😳hey world of knowledge. pelase xplain about the above asked question?? i am an elctronics guy want to know more deep about such ???,,,is firewall also sometimes called as router>>>

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Router is device that directs the data to a required location,a data packet contains a header with information about the packet,destination address,the work of router is to move that data to the correct destination.
    Firewall is a program that protects unauthorized access to a system,it is more of a security thing.
    --
    No,firewall is not called a router,a router can have a firewall work along with it so that no harmful data is transferred.
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    As #-Link-Snipped-# alredy explained that router is used for routing of data but I wana to ADD some thing . Firewall is used to filter the network data and Protect you from harmful data. Fire wall may be software and may be hardware . in big organisation Hardware firewall used to filter and controls the data transmission it is a device .and yes some fire wall devices do routing , routing protocol also works in them. it is depend upon what type of firewall equipment you are using and what are the various features it provide. firebox watch guard is a fire wall device which also do routing. 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am suffering from my mojor project . my project name is online holiday managemnt syatem .can u send me the link for this project documentation.
The concept of total cost of ownership is gaining ground in the design of power supplies. Quote: The most difficult design considerations involve applications where there is no AC power,...
All engineers of all persuasions use switches. Usually these lowly devices are the ones that fail in a major equipment leading to costly down time and frayed tempers. This article...
Recently, Valve released Steam support for Ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10,There is very respectable showing by Ubuntu community for Valve's Steam. A Gamer/Developer named GhostSquad57 re-coded the installer for Debian, which...
According to the data & survey of annual EE Times annual Embedded Market survey, Linux dominates the Embedded Projects. Android was the OS choice for Embedded systems with 16% in...