What is Fire?

Hey guys, I have an unusual question in my mind and I think you all will think I am a crack after it. Fire- One element of nature. Power to destroy or create anything and everything. What is it actually. We have seen from ancient times the importance of fire. But what exactly is it. the red-yellow-orange flames you see when you burn anything, the flame of candle, flame of a match stick, flame of a wildfire, of LPGs, what exactly is the flame made of. When it comes to air or water or earth you can justify what they are made up of. I want to know the configuration of fire.
Like air is mixture of gases
water is a mixture of various elements and compounts primarily H2o
Earth is silica
What is Fire? what is the flame made of?

Replies

• Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    Fire is the result of a chemical reaction.When ignition point of fuel is reached ,combustion initiates & flames are produced. Flames consist primarily of carbon dioxide, water vapor, oxygen and nitrogen.Fire emits heat and light. In order for combustion and fire to occur, three things must be present: fuel, oxygen and energy (usually in the form of heat).Yellow flames are oxidising,blue ones reducing.
    once ignition point is reached..its a chain reaction till fuel is exhausted ..
    Chemistry lab teacher had explained this during practicals...
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    As all we know Fire is the first invention made by mankind anf a fire can happen in a suitable place where combustible substance+oxygen+source combine to form fire.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yes we need an urgent discussion on this topic.Are we posting quality threads? or we just wasting time by posting unrelated topics and give more time to other fields tgan...
Today i heard new BigBang theory just try to share with u. Our all planets expanding like as elastic(rubber) and after a certain time all planets will condense and held...
Hey, I want to know the scholarship criteria for MS preferably from US.. And how much fee waiver is given..?
18th August is going to be it The grand revelation of the mystery which we spoke about a few days back back Any idea on what it is going to...
Raspberry Pi enthusiasts may find themselves frequenting a new online destination - the Raspberry Pi Projects hub launched by Elecment14. This new resource not only lets you show of your...