CrazyEngineers
  • Nayan
    Nayan

MemberAug 11, 2013

What is Fire?

Hey guys, I have an unusual question in my mind and I think you all will think I am a crack after it. Fire- One element of nature. Power to destroy or create anything and everything. What is it actually. We have seen from ancient times the importance of fire. But what exactly is it. the red-yellow-orange flames you see when you burn anything, the flame of candle, flame of a match stick, flame of a wildfire, of LPGs, what exactly is the flame made of. When it comes to air or water or earth you can justify what they are made up of. I want to know the configuration of fire.
    Like air is mixture of gases
    water is a mixture of various elements and compounts primarily H2o
    Earth is silica
    What is Fire? what is the flame made of?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Cyborg 009

MemberAug 11, 2013

Fire is the result of a chemical reaction.When ignition point of fuel is reached ,combustion initiates & flames are produced. Flames consist primarily of carbon dioxide, water vapor, oxygen and nitrogen.Fire emits heat and light. In order for combustion and fire to occur, three things must be present: fuel, oxygen and energy (usually in the form of heat).Yellow flames are oxidising,blue ones reducing.
    once ignition point is reached..its a chain reaction till fuel is exhausted ..
    Chemistry lab teacher had explained this during practicals...
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 11, 2013

As all we know Fire is the first invention made by mankind anf a fire can happen in a suitable place where combustible substance+oxygen+source combine to form fire.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register