What is Excel Macros ?

What is actual use of excel macros in offices ?

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    A macro records your mouse clicks and keystrokes while you work and lets you play them back later. You can use a macro to record the sequence of commands you use to perform a certain task. When you run the macro, it plays those exact commands back in the same order, causing Excel to behave just as if you had entered the commands yourself.

It can also be used to do complex tasks like retrieving and filtering external data, creating and customizing charts.

Excel uses Visual Basic for Applications for this.

It is very useful if you often apply the same combination of formats, or if you receive data every week or month that you organize and analyze the same way every time.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Thanks Sarvesh.....😛
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good information sarvesh. Thank you.

New question for me mahesh. Thank you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello im pavan doin final year be from bangalore. i have taken up project on automatic electric meter reading using gsm network. Plz help me reagarding this
Hi, Starting a little project and I needed some help. Searched around google but its all rubbish now but this forum popped up a few times so I thought I...
This thread is dedicated to wishing fellow CEans a very happy and prosperous new year. Say what you? 😁 HApPY NEW YEAR! 😁 🎉Party on Dude & Dudettes!
Can anybody please help me with the latest interesting (/ fascinating) topics in various areas - human computer interaction , memory based reasoning , cellular automata , networks and distributed...
In today’s IT world it is very important to understand the necessity of security of network security and data protection. To protect yourself and the network from any data theft...