What is difference between software engineering or software design?

Hello,

I am looking at 2 different online programs. One is software engineering and the other is called software designing. Is there any difference? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Baron Davis

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We learned 2 standard definitions about the 2 terms:
    Software Engineering
    (SE) is a "systematic approach to the analysis, design, assessment, implementation, test, maintenance and reengineering of software, that is, the application of engineering to software."

Software Design: is a process of problem solving and planning for a software solution.

We may call software design a part of Software Engineering.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm sure each one of us has had experiences in life that has helped us in our growth. Post those experiences here so that everyone learns something new. Hope to...
Ray-Ban-like pair of sunglasses equipped with a micro video camera that delivers first person video recording in 720p. Eyez video camera sunglasses shoot 720p
Hello forum! So, I have decided to get a Master in Computer Science degree and I was wondering what your thoughts are on ABET accreditation (ABET | Accrediting College Programs...
Google Loves India : Indian Users can Post to Google + via SMS https://bit.ly/pB7U8b
which branch is best at this time, so that at the time of its completion I will get the job?