What is difference between language of (SQl ) oracle & MYSQL?

hi , folks
In my school they thought me SQL (oracle 9i/10g). which uses SQL plus if i am correct. Now this year they thougth just a brief introduction of MYSQL . just defination . In which they said MYSQL uses SQL .even oracle too. uses SQL so is their any difference between SQL(language.) of oracle and SQL of MYSQL .πŸ˜•
Like in oracle if we want to create table we type.
SQl:create table Emp_south (
empno  number(3) ) ;
πŸ˜‰
so is their any difference of language like vb and c++.

Replies

• adesh
    adesh
    SQL Work on Windows but mysql is opensource and work on both(windows and linux).😑
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ adesh thanks but i have doubt about the language SQl which is used by both is their any difference in language like JAVA and VB ?
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    hi safwan,

according to my knowledge

oracle and mysql are DBMS (i.e database management systems) and any dbms system

needs some mechanism to make a connection with the database and to retrive data

from the database and manage database so for the same both oracle and mysql use sql

(i.e structered query language) to retrive data from the database so sql is just a query

language to manage the database .

so there is no diffrence between sql of oracle and mysql

but there is a diffrence between oracle and mysql that is oracle is vendorbased that is

it product of microsoft and mysql is opensource.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    SQL uses Windows Platform but we can use mySQL to rum on both Windows and Linux Servers the main advantage is it's open source and we use mySql with PHP to have a better web application mate...
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ faizan i think oracle itself is a company it may be third party partner of microsoft but its not microsofts company. any yes, your right about differences but i want actually language. which is used by both.

@ jbalaji that info i know ! thanks nice info too.

Friends here i want to know the difference between the language which is used by both. Actually i know that both uses the language SQl (which i know) but the difference of langage (if you dont understand please reffere my first post in this thread.
  • safwan
    safwan
    No reply??
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    safwan
    Friends here i want to know the difference between the language which is used by both. Actually i know that both uses the language SQl (which i know) but the difference of langage (if you dont understand please reffere my first post in this thread.

The difference is, how the data is organized in memory,And other difference is How they providing security,reliability,scalability etc..MySQL use its own methodolgy to organize the data.And oracle uses its own.
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ ms _cs
    thanks.buddy means no difference in syntax.right.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    @safwan & @ms_cs - There are differences in syntax.

In fact each DBMS like (Oracle series, MySQL, SQL Server, et al) have their own minor differences with each other. So in order to have a common standard, you have ANSI SQL which is what safwan is asking about.

Read more about it here Sql

Hope this clarifies things.
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ kidkida exactly what my qestion is .πŸ˜€
    Thanks kidkida πŸ˜›
  • safwan
    safwan
    oh yah ! i forgot !

so , if we want to learn MYSQL then migrating from oracls 10 g to MYSQL requires some teachings right kidkida.
  • itchap
    itchap
    SQL stands for "Structured Query Language", and is just a definition of a computer language that can be used to access data stored in relational databases. SQL is not itself a standalone computer application, but is rather part of many relational DB programs such as MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.

MySQL is an actual computer application you can download and install. It is the most popular open-source database management system. In addition to having an SQL interpreter, MySQL also has a database manager component, GUI database viewers, session monitoring tools, etc.

The difference between SQL and MySQL would be similar to the difference between C++ and the Visual C++ IDE; the first is just a language and the second is an actual tool that can be used to work in that language. Or similarly, the difference between HTML and Dreamweaver; HTML is just a web page standard, while Dreamweaver is a software that lets you create and edit and view web pages and web sites
  • safwan
    safwan
    thanks buddy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am having trouble in developing the dot net app. Well, I want my application to access browser. How to do this? When I am quitting my browser It should...
Hello everyone... We can try to introduce a CE REFERRAL REWARDS PROGRAM. In this program existing members Beyond a certain rank will be entitled to referrals. They will be able...
Can someone help me understand what is "Inductive Capacitance", "Inductive Reactance" and "Capacitive Reactance"?
"wht you worry about if you have nothing to looooose" ​just discuss & reply the views
I have done B.Tech.(Comp Science) and currently doing a job in TechMahindra since August2008 with bond valid upto Aug2010. I wanna pursue career in information security & planning to do...