What is difference between electricals and electronics?

can i know what is differnce between electric and electronics

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    motameeth
    can i know what is differnce between electric and electronics
    Always search before you post. Check following discussion - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    electrical deals with motors,transformers and electrical power
    electronics deals with maily R L C and diodes,transistors
    elecrical also deals with R L C
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Electrical engineering typically deals with generation, transmission, distribution of electricity and electrical machines in depth. Electronics engineering is mostly about circuits and applications of electricity in at smaller magnitude.

#-Link-Snipped-# - do you have further questions or your query has been answered?
  • kranthikumar1425
    kranthikumar1425
    what is an induction machine?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kranthikumar1425
    what is an induction machine?
    An Induction Motor would be an induction machine. Please refer to the textbooks for details on how Induction motor works and how it's built up.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Electrical engineering typically deals with generation, transmission, distribution of electricity and electrical machines in depth. Electronics engineering is mostly about circuits and applications of electricity in at smaller magnitude.

#-Link-Snipped-# - do you have further questions or your query has been answered?
    Electrical is as well about circuits. The differentiating factor is, electronics or better words are, microelectronics is all about SEMICONDUCTOR devices and their applications. That semiconductor word is most important as thats what seperated electronics from electrical. So anything involving semiconductor is electronics. If you use it on high voltages, you may notice its still electronics, but power electronics. Generally theres a misconception that if you work on high voltages its electrical, its not!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That is correct. I only talked in a much broader perspective. I'm not sure if electronics engineers get to study HV lines and machines. I might be wrong.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Electronics has a branch called power electronics which deals completely with HV But in the whole some end it is just a small piece I would say
  • Geetam Bharadwaj
    Geetam Bharadwaj
    In a simple way-
    Electrical deals upon the current carrying in a Conductor while Electronics deals upon the current carrying in a semiconductor.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Geetam Bharadwaj
    In a simple way-
    Electrical deals upon the current carrying in a Conductor while Electronics deals upon the current carrying in a semiconductor.
    Then is SCR carrying current in Semi conductors and Aluminium is not a semi conductor is used in Schottky diode
  • pothedarvamsi
    pothedarvamsi
    I do accept all the above replies from various "crazy engineers" ok.
    Electrical things use POWER to start and to run them
    where as
    Electronics uses VOLTAGE majorly.
    Examples:
    1.Computer or Mobile is an ELECTRONIC DEVICE.
    Computer may given power to start but in SMPS we will be finding Step-down transformers to reduce for required and vairous converters used to get voltage to be used by various components in computer.
    2.Transformer or Generator is an ELECTRICAL DEVICE.
  • Geetam Bharadwaj
    Geetam Bharadwaj
    Two theory describes current flow. The CONVENTIONAL theory commonly used for automotive systems says that current flows from +ve to -ve. i.e the excess electrons from an area of high potential flows to an area of low potential.

The second is the ELECTRON theory basically used in electronics says that current flows from -ve to +ve.
    i.e excess electrons cause an area of -ve potential and flows towards an area lacking electrons, an area of +ve potential to balance the charge.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai friends, I want to know about what material can be used to shield the magnetic force between two high power neodynium magnets
I am divya from chennai. I am in my final semester of my engineering. I am a native of tuticorin. I am happy to be a part of CRAZY ENGINEERS....
i'm pugazhenthy from chennai,doing engineering in electronics&communication. i have passion in electronics...i got this website by ma friend.😀
how does presence of unaturated hydrcarbon effect d efficiency of a fuel?? wats d benefit of doing gas chromatography n FTIR test on a fuel??
Hey check this out I am not able to upload an image using file upload option I get an error mesage always stating I am not able to upload image