what is coupling capacitor?

what is difference between normal capacitor and coupling capacitor and can we use normal capacitor instead of coupling capacitor?

Replies

• senthamil_arasu
    senthamil_arasu
    coupling capacitor is also the normal capacitor .. the name coupling came bcoz it is used to couple two circuits ..
  • abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    coupling capacitor is used for the combination of ac and dc power supplies.....
  • srikanth_p
    srikanth_p
    It is like a normal capacitor. When the capacitor is used for blocking dc or joining two points of circuits with different potentials it is called coupling capacitor.
  • niharikabhatt
    niharikabhatt
    Coupling capacitor is the normal capacitor.It is used to couple or join to circuits.The power supply from the 1st circuit might have some dc component along with the ac component.The circuit wants to eliminate the ac components as the analog circuitry does'nt operate on dc signals.The coupling capacitor Filters the signal,allowing only the AC COMPONENT to pass through and stopping or rejecting the dc component.
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    a coupling capacitor is called so, coz it couples a circuit to either an input source or an output load!
    😀
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Coupling capacitors are used to couple different stages so as to prevent DC from the o/p of one stage to go into the i/p of the next stage.For instance in coupling two BJT(bipolar junction transistors) it is required to use coupling capacitor to allow only ac signal from the o/p of fisrt stage to go to i/p of next BJT as incoming dc can distrub the biasing of the other BJT.
  • Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    A coupling capacitor is used to connect two circuits....it is used to block the dc components and allow the ac components....to pass from one circuit to the other incase of analog circuits.....itz use is the same in case of digital circuits(i.e. to produce a dc balanced signal)...

hope the answer has helped you.....
  • mamun.muntasir
    mamun.muntasir
    You know about capacitors. each capacitor in a circuit serves different purposes- it can be used for filtering purpose, it can be used as timer element, etc. depending on the purpose served it is called as that. similarly coupling capacitor serves the coupling purpose and a lot of reply describes what "coupling" is.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

for example if my input is 2,then series shuould be, 00,01,10,11,etc., if my input is 10,then series shuould be,1,2,3,4,5,etc., is there any general mechanism in mathematics to find these numbers...
CEans, We are inviting guest authors to contribute to VoiCE. Send your articles to admin [att] crazyengineers [dawt] com . Do not forget to write a short author biography which...
Discuss https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/34184-inviting-guest-authors.html in this thread.
Hi Guys, I know lot of devices in the world use Resistors , capacitors and Inductors in their circuit designs with lot more devices though! We would be having a...
Who is on the steam turbine power plant of some papers? Thank you