What is Coriolis Effect?

Hello, this is Jerry - an Instrumentation engineer from Burma. Somebody here knows what coriolis effect is? In physics, the Coriolis effect is a deflection of moving objects when they are viewed in a rotating reference frame. Can someone explain it in detail here?

Replies

• anuraadha
    anuraadha
    A short video explaining the Coriolis Effect starring several graduate students from the University of Illinois. Hope this video makes it clear for you what that term means. Check it out -

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pradeep Prabhu and Prasanna Raghavendra, the former top guns at Infosys have ventured into CloudMunch.In to offer their cloud platform as a service for businesses focused on software products and...
what are possibility's of new innovations over electrical and electronics and engineering???can you also suggest which more suitable private or government sector for an EE engineer ???thank you in advance
I am a mech engineer and I've this crazy question stuck in mind that I want answered. What is the difference between steam and vapour? Aren't their properties just the...
CEans, Community boards like ours aren't new to spam and spammers. A popular community always attracts spammers like sugar-cube attracts flies. We found out that in the last 2-3 days,...
Can any one explain, how pressure decreases when velocity increases in case of fluids. as the area reduces velocity increases, but the pressure reduces. pressure is inversely proportional to area...