What is Cloudflare? How is it useful?

Wikipedia says, Cloudflare is a CDN and distributed DNS service aimed at enhancing website performance and speed and providing security
People say it gives resources to small sites that were only previously available to large sites.

Here's an introductory video I cam across:

If you are using it, let me know how and why it is useful.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Ah! Amazing😲 Hackers discerned on websites using cloudfare application can be prevented from accessing other sites,preventing spams and threats,decreasing bandwidth,website stays online even when the server goes down,improving load time.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Does CE uses this application? No, right? Seems you need to depend on a third party company as they are handling security requirements of that website.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Steps to install cloudflare in your blog is givenHow to add your blog to CloudFlare.

Can someone share your experience?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Cloudflare will be a mediator between the web server and the end user. It fetches the webpage before the user does and then serves them through their own content delivery network aka CDN. This enables them add a layer of security & other enhancements to the pages. I haven't used the service yet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Saw this question in a friend's question paper & was unable to answer. Could someone shed some light on what is the exact difference between the two? 👀
I want projects based on networking, database, some encryption algorithms, web applications(not web designs like online library management system etc). i can work on java well. i have done projects...
Coimbatore Institute of technology's Electronics Department is organizing an event called 'Interface T12'. It is a national level technical symposium. Events at the fest include: 1. Paper Presentation 2. Project...
BVSR Engineering College of Chimakurthy, Prakasam District, Andhra Pradesh is organizing a technical fest Tech Dhaarana 2011 in the year end. It is a national level Students Technical Symposium. Fest...
The Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University is announcing Prastuti '12, an all India Student's Paper Presentation Contest organized by the Electrical Engineering Society of Department of Electrical Engineering. It...