CrazyEngineers
  • ISHAN
    ISHAN

MemberJul 23, 2011

What is Android?

friends,
    I am always confused when someone mentions anything about Android. I want to what is it exactly. I have seen some beautiful looking (big screen) cell phones, does Android has anything to do with them?
    Sorry for being behind times, but being a mech engineer, I hardly get to remove my head out of an automobile. Can anyone explain me Android and related terminologies?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 23, 2011

Android is a combination of 'operating system', middleware and few applications designed to work on mobile hardware platforms like phones and tablet computers. It's a UNIX based system earlier developed by Android Inc. - which Google purchased. Let me know if this makes sense to you as explaining Android would need knowledge of other terms related to computers, hardware and software.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberJul 23, 2011

@Biggie: thanks. The information provided by you gave me rough idea. Let us say I got a hint to do some googling on this issue. 😀

However do not forget this thread and keep posting some tips in this regard. I will do it too as I get some knowledge about it.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register