What is Android?

friends,
I am always confused when someone mentions anything about Android. I want to what is it exactly. I have seen some beautiful looking (big screen) cell phones, does Android has anything to do with them?
Sorry for being behind times, but being a mech engineer, I hardly get to remove my head out of an automobile. Can anyone explain me Android and related terminologies?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Android is a combination of 'operating system', middleware and few applications designed to work on mobile hardware platforms like phones and tablet computers. It's a UNIX based system earlier developed by Android Inc. - which Google purchased. Let me know if this makes sense to you as explaining Android would need knowledge of other terms related to computers, hardware and software.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Biggie: thanks. The information provided by you gave me rough idea. Let us say I got a hint to do some googling on this issue. 😀

However do not forget this thread and keep posting some tips in this regard. I will do it too as I get some knowledge about it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, This thread is dedicated to the mock aptitude test conducted on July 24, 5-6PM (IST). Share your experiences, discuss questions etc. in this thread 😀. Hoping to hear from...
THE TESTS ROCKED Here is how we can make it rock further. 😀 Corrections to be made. 1. Looking at the greater response for tests, we will need a system...
1. If the angles of a quadrilateral form an arithmetic progression and the third angle measures three times the first, then the smallest angle is: 90 degrees 72 degrees 54...
hello friends, i am a final year ece student. i am planning to take femtocells as my seminar topic. any comments?????i mean is it a tough topic??please reply
The chip that helps control your Mac notebook's battery could be the latest target for attackers. ​ A report in Forbes today details the findings of Accuvant security researcher Charlie...