what is added feature tha came with DDR DRAM and DDR2 DRAM compared to DRAM

hello! when i compare this type of RAM, there is DDR SDRAM and SDR DRAM all come from upgraded of DRAM. what specific feature added to ddr sdram. help me please.

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    To start, SDR DRAM is a single data rate asynchronous RAM. Having an asynchronous nature, it'll respond to commands as soon as it encounters one.

The SDRAM on the other hand is synchronized with the clock of system bus, generally the positive edge, hence it'll respond only at the clock edge. The DDR or double data rate SDRAM are synchronous in nature, but are made to respond on either edge of the clock, thus, doubling the data rate as compared to SDRAM.

Now, the difference between DDR I, II and III are, DDR I is capable of reading only 2 word while its 4 and 8 for DDR II and III respectively. To achieve this speed without manipulating the clock, the protocol at which the RAM works has been modified. This is the reason why the motherboards supporting DDR II ram will not be forward or backward compatible.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Technology Robotix Society is proud to present ROBOTIX 2013, its annual technological extravaganza,to be held during 1 – 4 February,2013 as a part of Kshitij, the annual Techno-Management Fest of...
This is one of the best videos I have ever come across, magnificently done.
Hi All, I have done my B.Tech from Information science. I wanted to know is there any opportunity in any PSU's for Information science graduate. Any information will be very...
Hey guys I am not a gadget freak but recently I saw some devices with OLED display and amazed at its workability Can any one tell me about it's class...
hello friends, I am on the verge appearing for campus placements and as the time approaches, there are few questions that continue to make me grow pensive. perhaps, one of...