What is a Trigger?

A trigger is a SQL procedure or SQL CLR Code that initiates an action when an event (like INSERT, DELETE or UPDATE) occurs on an object.Based on events which take place in your database, you can have SQL Server “listen” for just the ones that should signal when it’s time for actions to run automatically.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Maruti Suzuki India has a new variant for its popular passenger vehicle Alto K10 with the all new limited edition 'Urbano' being ready for sale. The company is proud of...
A linked server configuration enables SQL Server to execute commands against OLE DB data sources on remote servers. With a linked server, you can create very clean, easy–to-follow SQL statements...
I'm a candidate of final year with b.tech in cse....I hv little good knowledge in coding with java bt I hv no idea that how can I get my best...
I am about to finish my B.Tech (Computers) and have a job offer in my hand. The company didn't mention the profile at the time of campus drive. After selection...
A team of researchers at the Florida Atlantic University led by Dr. Erik Engeberg, Assistant Professor in the Department of Ocean and Mechanical Engineering has been successful in developing a...