What is a sequence generator?

what is a sequence generator??how it works?and y do we need it ??and where it is used ??😕

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Re: sequence generator

samaira
    what is a sequence generator??how it works?and y do we need it ??and where it is used ??😕
    Hi samaira,

After reading your question, the very first thing that is troubling me is from where the hell out of this world - you got this term ?

I am not clear in what respect this kind of question is asked but I am answering it from my Database point of view which I know[I am sure to understand my answer, many questions will arise in your mind but don't hesitate to ask them.Shoot them]. We people use it in context of JPA(Java Persistence API)
    SequenceGenerator is an annotation used in an entity class. Now you might be thinking what is an entity class? In simple terms, an entity class is a simple POJO class that maps directly to our table.

E.g I have a table named EMPLOYEE and I have a similar entity class name named ' 'Employee' then in that class I can use that SequenceGenerator as an annotation. Now what it will do if I add it right? I need to add it to a particular column(preferably a primary key column) so as to generate unique keys(used as identifiers for the records) every time an entity is persisted in the database (in layman terms a record inserted in the table)

So moral of the story is it generates unique keys for every persisted object each time automatically.

Hope you understood something and also I told in the context you asked for. 😐

Thanks !
  • samaira
    samaira
    i'll tell u what we have in our syllabus.
    A sequence generator is a sequential circuit which generates a prescribed sequence(e.g 10100 this sequence is repeated after particular interval) at its output.It is possible to design a sequence generator using counters or shift registers.The available sequence is applied to the input of the detector.It checks the sequence bit by bit.If the required bit is at its input then the detector moves to the next state
    now this was in our syllabus which i didnt understood and want explanation and the working😔
  • sookie
    sookie
    samaira
    i'll tell u what we have in our syllabus.
    A sequence generator is a sequential circuit which generates a prescribed sequence(e.g 10100 this sequence is repeated after particular interval) at its output.It is possible to design a sequence generator using counters or shift registers.The available sequence is applied to the input of the detector.It checks the sequence bit by bit.If the required bit is at its input then the detector moves to the next state
    now this was in our syllabus which i didnt understood and want explanation and the working😔
    Oh, so sorry. You were asking this digital circuit's question. I guess some Electronics engineers over here would have better answer than a software engineer for this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to electronics engineering section.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    well the simple example of the sequencial circuit is FLIP FLOP. i think you are familier with it. and as said in your post Shift register or counter ciruitry can be used to generat sequence code for that you have to make special combination of counter,shift registers for generation of perticular sequence...

The available sequence is applied to the input of the detector.It checks the sequence bit by bit.If the required bit is at its input then the detector moves to the next state

this is possible if you want to generate the status after checking input sequence.. for that there is comparator logic might be used comparator compares the input bit by bit with the reference and gives appropriate output either 0 or 1.

hop you might got some basic idea about the working of the topic which you had posted...
    still you have any query please be more clear..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is actually music.??Is it a form of digital signals??How can we listen to music through headphones??😕
pseudo random binary sequence generator is said to have application in testing the noise immunity of the system.How does that work??
Can anyone tell me how to calculate pressure in a gas pipeline given that I know velocity flowrate density etc.. ?
On surfing the net suddenly my system is infected with spyware.. and it is not allowing me to surf the net..SUGGEST A GOOD ANTIVIRUS WHICH IS HELPFUL FOR BOTH SPYWARE...
Need articles for september 15th Engineers day..last date of submission August 25th ...Please give me suggestions..!