What is a dynamic system

hello friends,

I have recently confused a time invariant system with a dynamic system. Could you please help me get out of this situation.

Also describe these systems in terms of the difference equation they posses and what is its nature.

regards,
proffy

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Dynamic system is a system that depends on past and future values to get the current output

Consider this system

Y(t)=X(t^2)

Here when t=-2 the output depends on the value of X at time t=4

Such a system is called Dynamic system

Is it clear now
  • mifo
    mifo
    Dynamic system-
    It is the system whose output values are dependent on past and present values of input.
    eg)- y(t) = x(t-2)
    Let t=2 sec then output at 2 sec is equal to the input at 0 sec i.e. it is a delayer. Hence a dynamic system.
    eg 2)- y(t)= x(t). Clearly the output at any time depends on the output at that time only, hence the system is not dynamic.

Time invariant system-
    It is that system whose output is shifted by the same amount as the shift in input.
    eg)- y(t) = x(t-2), now if the input is shifted by any amount, say x sec then the output will also correspondingly shift to x sec i.e. output is y(t-2-x) .
    eg 2)- y(t) = x(t^2), now if the input is shifted to x, the output will be y(t) = x([t-x]^2), if the system would have been time invariant output would have been x(t^2 -x), hence the system is time variant.

I hope ur problem is solved now 😀
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    mifo
    Dynamic system-
    It is the system whose output values are dependent on past and present values of input.
    eg)- y(t) = x(t-2)
    Let t=2 sec then output at 2 sec is equal to the input at 0 sec i.e. it is a delayer. Hence a dynamic system.
    eg 2)- y(t)= x(t). Clearly the output at any time depends on the output at that time only, hence the system is not dynamic.

Time invariant system-
    It is that system whose output is shifted by the same amount as the shift in input.
    eg)- y(t) = x(t-2), now if the input is shifted by any amount, say x sec then the output will also correspondingly shift to x sec i.e. output is y(t-2-x) .
    eg 2)- y(t) = x(t^2), now if the input is shifted to x, the output will be y(t) = x([t-x]^2), if the system would have been time invariant output would have been x(t^2 -x), hence the system is time variant.

I hope ur problem is solved now 😀
    can a dynamic system have its output dependent upon the past value of the output? What about future values of output? If the dynamic system's output is dependent on past values of input, then how is it going to be different from a non-causal system?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Dynamic system output can have both past and future values in the input section
  • mifo
    mifo
    proffy
    can a dynamic system have its output dependent upon the past value of the output? What about future values of output? If the dynamic system's output is dependent on past values of input, then how is it going to be different from a non-causal system?

Since an R-C low pass filter is a dynamic(and causal) system and the expression for it's output(voltage) comes in the form involving integrals of input and output(you can try this yourself), so you can say that-

-) A dynamic system has it's output dependent on past,and future values alongwith the present values of input and output.
    Whereas,

-) A causal system has it's output dependent on past and present input and output also.

Also you can say that a non dynamic system is a subset of causal system.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just a couple of weeks back, we told you about ASUS's Teaser For Computex 2013. Though not a lot of fanfare, but ASUS did make its mark and created a...
Motorola thinks that humans are wasting a lot of energy & time in remembering & typing passwords. Motorola has a fix - using body tatto or an FDA approved pill...
I'll give them a head start - Classic Question: Why did you choose engineering? While on internship - The effect of theory exams -
Just read an article on ToI that says buyers must check the SAR value on mobile phones while making a purchase. It's basically a measure of the amount of energy...
The Apprentice Asia is hosted by one of the most successful entrepreneur today Tony Fernandes , an Indian-Malaysian and owner of Air Asia . Show is all about the Toughest...