What exactly is difference between AC & DC current?

could you pls giv me the exact explanation of what are AC and DC currents???

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Nithyasri
    could you pls giv me the exact explanation of what are AC and DC currents???
    AC is the current whose magnitude changes continuously and direction changes periodically.
    DC is the current whose magnitude and direction is constant and has no peak value.
  • Nithyasri
    Nithyasri
    Ya tis explanation is known..i wish to know sumthing in detail!!!!!!
    anyways tanq fr rplyng😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AC is alternating. Generally it has a repetitive wave form with a base line zero volts. The wave form is symmetric about this. It usually has a fixed frequency unless modulated. The wave form can be any shape such as sine wave (the most common), square wave, saw tooth or other geometries.

DC current has a single polarity. However, its value may vary either randomly or periodically. Such varying voltages can be resolved as a pure DC with a superimposed AC. Occasionally one uses a ramp. That is, the voltage linearly increases (or decreases with time)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I am Nithyasri and I am an electronics engineer. I want to know more about the project idea about Wheel Chair control using Radio Frequency? Is it a good...
Hello, I would like to know if the motor efficiency is changing with respect to applied voltage or it doesn't change. What I do mean. The efficiency=(V*I)/(Torque*velocity) and the power...
Hello! all other Engineers.Many of you have been graduate,beome professional & many of you are not yet.I belong to the second part.Frankly speaking .....guys I am very ambitious,want to rule...
does ny1 know when the jntu-hyd 1st year regular xams (R09) results will b out?
Thanks for creating my interest in computer field for getting more knowledge in civil engineering.