What engineering work I did today ?

Hello Guys,

I suppose you all are engineers right ? If not, go away -this site is not meant for you. ๐Ÿ˜ So as an engineer you might be daily doing some kind of work related to engineering in your daily life right? Like making circuits, reparing TVs, laptops, other equipments around you etc blah blah stuff... So why don't you make a post here telling others also about your engineering skills? ๐Ÿ˜

So here just make a post. See following as an example for posting here
I did following today as an engineer
- repaired my TV
- my camera
- write code
- made a part of my bot
PS: Please don't use options like reading novels or books, listening music, writing blogs , playing or watching matches etc...similar stuff ๐Ÿ˜

Happy engineering work ! ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright. I fixed a bug on CE today.

I suggested software design changes to a software developer today.
  • CEMember
    CEMember
    *Surprising the count of so-called engineers is 42000+ here but posts count is this thread is only 2(now 3 including mine ๐Ÿ˜) * ๐Ÿ˜

Anyways , I changed build.xml (made in Ant) to exclude common package .class files from all module's jar files and created a separate jar files for those common package .class files per module.

Not a big work but still something is always better than nothing. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    No Engineering work today.. just reading some books
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Today i designed Driver Script.

this took lot many days in analysis.
    Now scripting is done.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I Have successfully deployed my webapp(part1). And Now It works perfectly.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    Hmmm!๐Ÿ˜”
    ive been doing boring stuff ORCAD Drawings and im still hanging over with it :sleepy::sleeping:
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    godfather
    No Engineering work today.. just reading some books
    If haven't done then don't try to post. OK. Don't try to acheive a senior CEan title here just by increasing useless posts count.

My bad luck that I have to tell a CEan like you -PLEASE READ FOLLOWING LINE ONCE AGAIN IN MY FIRST POST.

"PS: Please don't use options like reading novels or books, listening music, writing blogs , playing or watching matches etc...similar stuff :neutral:"
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shalini_goel14
    If haven't done then don't try to post. OK. Don't try to acheive a senior CEan title here just by increasing useless posts count.

My bad luck that I have to tell a CEan like you -PLEASE READ FOLLOWING LINE ONCE AGAIN IN MY FIRST POST.

"PS: Please don't use options like reading novels or books, listening music, writing blogs , playing or watching matches etc...similar stuff :neutral:"

What if i read Technical book and may got some new knowledge? ๐Ÿ˜”
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    godfather
    What if i read Technical book and may got some new knowledge? ๐Ÿ˜”
    You call it an engineering work :shock:. Do some practical work. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shalini_goel14
    You call it an engineering work :shock:. Do some practical work. ๐Ÿ˜
    Ah.. I beg to differ. Where you are indeed right that casual reading would not fit as "engineering work", reading technical books and journals is an important part of an engineer's work to expand ones knowledge and think of new ideas ๐Ÿ˜€ It is the lack of reading is why we see a lot of people on CE demanding project titles blindly.

Was trying to troubleshoot a voice VLAN problem at training office, looking through references online at the same time.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    It is the lack of reading is why we see a lot of people on CE demanding project titles blindly.
    Oh really. :shock: The thing they lack is putting their theoretical knowledge into practical things and for God sake stop making fun of such people if you think engineers are always like you Mr Ash.Ayways you need not to say anything to make things clear from your side. Its ok if you don't want to share anything here from your side.

PS: No more arguments.

Thanks !
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I know you arent being insulting on purpose today, you are just a bit stressed ๐Ÿ˜€

Our points do not conflict at all. If one was to read journals for example, they would understand how to implement theoretical knowledge into something more practical. For example, to implement a certain image processing technique to determine speed of cars on the highway. The reader would see which techniques were employed, why it was considered over other alternatives, and so on. Readings like this are useful because as students like me, we aren't genius enough to think from scratch yet.

I had to add this point because again, this isnt supposed to be an argument. Its supposed to clarify certain things for whoever is reading this thread ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    All right, chill guys.

But still, I do think that reading technical books qualifies as an "Engineering Work".

Anyhow, just reviewed my image processing skills for my face recognition Project.
    That was the engineering work I did today.
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    I tried a few drawings on Pro-E today..
    Thats the engineering work i did today.. Nothig else.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    After many days finally today, I did a Engineering task. fixed up my CAR; it was not starting.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I just thought of starting a thread to collect the list of websites which provides project ideas and paper presentation ideas. Please post the sites which you feel...
How to make web application more secure with "https"? I heard that, https means the webpage is well secured. I am creating a j2ee application. I want my web app...
Wishing our Cean enthudrives a very happy birthday. Hope all your dreams come true !!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
hi everyone..i have heard that a steel plat that can become HOT at above surface and COOL at the bottom surface..what is the real name of that component..??and where i...
Imagine a moving object that is emitting radio waves in all directions and a detector nearby that is connected to PC. So software on this PC tries to analyze what...