What does this diode do please?

hello can anyone tell me what the LED in this circuit is for? Is it just a power on indicator or does it do diode related stuff? The 300k resistor is actually a touch sensor grid, with 300k being assumed resistance of human finger.

Thanks heaps for any advice!

[​IMG]

Replies

• Munguti
    Munguti
    i think it limits the voltage across the 2.7k resistor to 24-2.1v=21.9v
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    LEDs are generally used for indication purposes, so my guess is that its just an indicator. 2.7K resistor is used for protection purposes 😀
  • kingswood
    kingswood
    thanks guys i appreciate the help

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Puzzle Source: Cprogramming.com: C++ Programming Challenge - Guessing Game Challenge The following program will act as a guessing game in which the user has eight tries to guess a randomly...
Source: Programming Challenges - Self-Printing Program - Cprogramming.com Here's a nice challenge for all you programming freaks. Write a program that, when run, will print out its source code. This...
CEans, We've lot of members who are studying in colleges. I remember, when I was in college, I used to discuss the question paper with my friends to figure out...
hello can any one help me in doin my project in robotics
How can I crack a software?... How can I make patches for shareware software to make them permanent? can anyone help me?