1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

What does 'career' mean to you?

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Career Help on Sep 9, 2010
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Sep 9, 2010
Rank A1 - PRO
Lot of engineering students and professionals are concerned about 'career'. I wish to know what does 'career' mean to you? Is it your job or something else? Posted in: #Career Help
Manish Goyal
Manish Goyal · Sep 9, 2010
Rank A2 - PRO
For me career means to fulfil my dreams and to be fully satisfied before my years end.
Pensu
Pensu · Sep 9, 2010
Rank B1 - LEADER
Career for me is to do something remarkable in the field i am interested...
rishi0922
rishi0922 · Sep 9, 2010
Rank C1 - EXPERT
For me my career means to do something good and make some impression in the field of computer science.
I define career as to make the most benefit in your field of work ......
Karshil Sheth
Karshil Sheth · Jan 9, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Career to me means a field/ an area where I like to put my effort regardless other's interference. Where I don't get bored, no matter how much time I put on. I feel career as  my second life and try to make it the best years as many as possible.

Kavya Burramolla
Kavya Burramolla · Jan 10, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

For me Career not only mean being successful in which ever field I am but also being happy along with being healthy makes my career fulfill. Its not always running for dreams I also believe in spending time for myself daily. Putting all our efforts working for hours, not finding time for self, leaving life for tomorrow is OK for sometime that is in initial stages but not always. 

Initially when I was a graduate and somebody asks me what is your career goal I always reply them saying getting a job in my core field and settling well is my career goal. But then I realized it was part of my career and there is lot much to do. Follow your dreams, make plans, travel, explore, have fun and live life as if there is no tomorrow. 

Mohana Chandra
Mohana Chandra · Jan 12, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

Carrer includes all these to my life-:

Satisfication- Happy life -Job-Fulfillments- Goal achievements -Satisfaction to my parents.

Vinay Mishra
Vinay Mishra · Jan 12, 2020
Rank B2 - LEADER

My career is my dream. I want to do research in quantum physics and cybersecurity. I love to learn about space science and computers. I want to contribute something valuable to this world.

I can see my career, it's so bright that I have to wear glasses to see it properly😎 😀 

Durgesh Srivastava
Durgesh Srivastava · Jan 15, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

Career means to me

A happy life

Satisfactory life...it means what I want I will do like travelling, Cooking..

Achievements..it means a secure and  job.

Parents are happy.

bharath kumar
bharath kumar · Jan 17, 2020
Rank D3 - MASTER

Doing things which add meaning to our life

[Prototype]
[Prototype] · Jan 17, 2020
Rank B1 - LEADER

I wish I had fancy answer. 

Career for me is to progress in the field of my interest i.e. to be able to work and progress in the field of my interest. 

I've another one too. What does it mean to be "Settled". 😂

Never understood this one. 

Swarup Pan
Swarup Pan · Jan 17, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

To me, Career means, having a good, happy and balanced life along with the work life.

Chebet Sarah
Chebet Sarah · Jan 17, 2020
Rank D1 - MASTER

A career to me involves aspects in my life that relate to work and learning new things. It is something I do that I excel at and makes me a better person each day. My ideal career has to involve the creation and implementation of innovative solutions. It should be something that doesn’t make me cringe when I think of it, something I won’t shut up about, something that I can see my future in, something that makes me go to bed happy on Sunday night because I am looking forward to Monday. I should feel a valid association between the work I do and a more extensive life reason past myself. A career is something I am innately motivated to do and in the process, help others and form new relationships. Ultimately, a career should be engaging, should fit in with my life (It should be part of my life, I shouldn’t consider work and life as separate entities), it definitely should be something I am great at, it also helps if I have very supportive colleagues, through it, I should be able to help others and should always have more positives than negatives.

bill yorke
bill yorke · Jan 19, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

To my understanding career simply means being able to satisfactory practice in your area of study. It should include aspects of continuous learning, interaction and appreciation of the resulting contributions.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up