what does a bearing no. designate?

for example how can one know the OD,bore thickness by just looking at the bearing no. like 6001.

Replies

• 4d1
    4d1
    khullar0
    for example how can one know the OD,bore thickness by just looking at the bearing no. like 6001.

which type of bearing are you talking about?
  • BigOhm
    BigOhm
    You cannot. You only know that you have a fairly small member of the 6000 series. You need to go to the manufacturer's catalogue (or distributor, of course). There is generally some sense to the system, but not the information you ask for.
  • gohm
    gohm
    above answer is right, you need to source the manu. specs (or take the measurements yourself). The number will allow part ordering/replacement as to the bearing needed to match spec.

If you want a short read on basics of bearing, check out this pdf:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Purchase of US-based Telogy’s European operations will extend and consolidate customer choice and service Microlease today announced its acquisition of the European operations of its major US competitor, Telogy Inc....
I am food technologist and am searching for a job which belives in the hard core calculations for the production tasks like machine rates , human rates etc. Please contact...
I recently attended a National Student Convention where we had people from various places of India along with their research papers, study papers, proposal papers. But i found many people...
😁PATTY!!!😁 Have all the happiness in life 😁 :myparty: P.S: I am in a different time zone ! so few you might not see it as his Birthday as of...
how is the scope for a BCA graduates? what are the different types of jobs they can get?