What do you think about the theory of "Holographic universe"?

Heard about the holographic universe?? It's a hypothetical thoery on meta-physics created by the physicists David bohm and karl pribram.
Take a look at this if you do not know...!

So is this theory true? Are all the things around us just an illusion which is created our brains?
If we know how to control it, can we master and control what happens around us?
Are our brains connected by some means that each one sees the same illusion as the other?
Is this Universe a mere hologram created by our brain? What do you think about this friends?
This is not a boring topic which is to be disregarded..! Please seriously look into it and speak out..!
Interested people can go through all the 5 parts of the video..! 😀

Replies

• shreyasstar
    shreyasstar
    Quite an interesting concept...
    If this is really true it might mean that whatever we perceive is mere what our brain wants us to see or feel, it might not truly exist. Its like being in a huge simulation, only here our brain controls the simulation
    I wonder though, how is it that everyone's brain makes them perceive the same thing ?
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Maybe, all brains have some sort of connection.... This theory might lead to many controversies...! If this universe is what we perceive..! How are babies born?? Even their brains are created by our brain? Then who is the one who controls everything??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    No two people or even beings perceive the same object in the same way. While you may admire the pastel colours of the flower's petals, the eye of the bee sees a UV image of the centre of the flower where the nectar is.
    What for you is something to offer a girl friend, is just lunch plate to the bee.
    Even the same person may perceive the same object in different way at different moods.
    The Hindu philosophy is that it is all maya, just glowing pixels on a monitor screen going blank after a while.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    [​IMG]

What we see is only a wave front. Not the object itself. If you look up at proxima Centauri, what you see is four years old. Then where is reality?
    It is all in the mind
  • shreyasstar
    shreyasstar
    Could that also mean that it might be possible to SEE what we want to see or feel what we really want to feel ?
    That is we might be able to make brain perceive what might really not be there like see a bus instead of a train or feel cold when it is actually hot...
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    shreyasstar
    Could that also mean that it might be possible to SEE what we want to see or feel what we really want to feel ?
    That is we might be able to make brain perceive what might really not be there like see a bus instead of a train or feel cold when it is actually hot...
    I think we need lifetime practice to achieve this feat..!(I think this is what the Yogis are after..! 😀 I think this holds an answer to "Who am I?"(Just a thought) i.e. soul is the main controller of our brain..! (my thoughts....I'm sorry if i am ever wrong on facts..! )
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    vinod1993
    So is this theory true? Are all the things around us is just an illusion which is created our brains? ...
    What do you think about this friends?
    No.

He starts by referencing "the findings of modern science," as if all science speaks with one voice. But science is a dynamic cacophony of new findings seeming to disprove old findings as understanding slowly improves.

Then he says "the indisputable conclusion" is that the world around us is "only electrical signals in our brain." Indisputable? I can disprove that just by disputing it. Just because our senses are limited doesn't mean things don't exist. If I turn out the lights, I can no longer see you. But you didn't really disappear. In fact you are more than electrical signals in my brain. There. I successfully disputed it.

vinod1993
    Is this Universe a mere hologram created by our brain?
    This could also be a dangerous line of thinking. When drunk or high on drugs, some people think they're invincible. A lot of people have been hurt or died acting on that belief. Similarly, if you allow yourself to believe the universe around you is just signals, then you could begin to think you can create your own reality, that laws don't really matter and that if you put your mind to it, surely you can change the laws of physics to better suit you.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Reminds me one of most famous line from Vedas... "Everything is MAYA, This world is not real"....

PS: This is one of the scariest video I ever seen.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is Sivamonica studying ECE at Bs Abdur rahman univ in Chennai... I am basically more interest in craft works and sketching cartoon figures. I always used to collect updated...
I've been wondering why do people buy Amazon Kindle when they already have iPads and Android tablets? The apps are already available on both iOS and Android that let you...
How a train takes turn? Remember there is no differential mechanism in train wheels. The correct answer would win a like. Hint: The answer is not mechanical.
So, I think the social networking has been done. Nope it's overdone. There are a ton of websites that aimed to kick out Facebook; but it looks almost impossible. I'm...
The hover bike basically is a hovercraft redesigned in the form of a bike. I however love the concept and can imagine myself riding it on city streets. Take a...