What Do You Mean By "Linear Network" & "Bilateral Network" ?

Hi there,

In Network theorems, we say that in any Linear Bilateral Network.....(bla bla bla...)

But Could anyone tell me the exact meaning of Linear and Bilateral?

Thanks in advance.. ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    In Bilateral element, The Voltage-Current relation is same irrespective of the direction of flow of current in it. (example : R,L,C)
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    In Bilateral element, The Voltage-Current relation is same irrespective of the direction of flow of current in it. (example : R,L,C)
    Ok , thanks, and what is meant by Linear network..?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Linear networks there is not Semiconductor devices

You must know that they are not linear devices.

A network made out of linear devices like resistors Capacitors and inductors are all linear networks. Here the components can be reduced into a source and an impedance
  • sukumar samal
    sukumar samal
    linear network-
    magnitude of the parameter does not change with variation of current or voltage or both
    ex-resistance of resistor,capacitance of capacitor,inductance of inductor
    but remember resistance of diode or transistor don't remain the same with the variation as said.
    so resistor,capacitor,inductor are linear element while diode ,transistor are non linear element
    so network formed by only linear elements is called linear network

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We usually use Wired internet in our places which is quite good. However, now I am going out of my place and need to know, which wireless internet is good...
Google just pushed easier to develop android applications using new IDE, code name Android Studio New IDE is also compatible for all platform Windows, iOS and Linux. Earlier android IDE...
Is there any sensor, that can be used to read the readings displayed on an LCD and can be controlled by an MCU?? I'm using PIC 18F4520
I remember having removed the mud-guard from my bicycle just to make it look 'sporty'. Though I achieved to looks, I ended up spray painting almost everyone who rode behind...
Does sm1 know abt F-N-R gearbox...? Ppl r welcomed if sm1 intrstd to knw and discus the same...