what can create a magnetic field and what are the things that can be affected by a magnetic field?

Hello everyone
Correct if I am wrong, but as far as I know, an electric field is created by charges that affect other charges. (is their any details to this fact?)
Regarding magnetic fields, I would like to know how they can be created and the things (I mean the materials, charges...) that they can affect.

Replies

• hsirah5
    hsirah5
    Magnetic field is created by the magnetic force (attractive or repulsive force) towards electromagnetic or ferromagnetic* objects within a range. Therefore the magnetic field at a point depends on the strength of the magnet and the distance from the magnet.
    *- iron, steel, nickel etc. which could be attracted to magnets

Magnetic field can be created by permanent magnets as well as electromagnets. The field created by an electromagnet can be controlled since it strength depends on the magnetic core and the current flow that causes the electromagnetism.

Electromagnetic field can affect the functionality of the electronic, commmunication equipment as they have the capability to disturb communication signals (which are of course EM waves 😀). This type of disturbance is known as ElectroMagnetic Interference (EMI). You can very well observe this EMI effect in cases where your mobile phone gives a buzzing sound when brought near a TV or computer.

Hope this answers your question.. Let me know if you need more clarification...😎
  • sonu sahoo
    sonu sahoo
    any moving charge can produce magneatic feild........its affected by other materials having current brought near to previous one.......if we varying the ac current value then also.......magnetic feild changes
  • KZ 259
    KZ 259
    an alternator of a car is a good example for a magnetic field.
  • Zachary Crane
    Zachary Crane
    Magnetic fields in the context of electrical engineering are usually created by large currents. They can affect nearby circuits by inducing similarly large currents in them.

They generally are generated by, and affect other low impedance circuits.

The crazy thing about magnetic fields s that they can sneak through pretty much anything unless it has a high permeability.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Keithly Instruments has a long standing record of precision electrical measurements. They are offering a free eBook on low current high resistance measurements. https://www.keithley.eu.com/a.php?sid=32bg8.1mt34jg
For all those caffeine aficionados: https://www.instructables.com/id/R2D2-Dark-Roast-Edition/
This is an interesting talk on the need for encouraging engineers to fail. The importance of learning that failure is necessarily part of doing things to change the world. The...
i am planning to attend this course in embeded and robotics. i have completed my b.tech in ECE. please suggest if i can do this course. and what will be...
hai i am pursuing my B.E(EEE) nd thaught of taking energy engg in PG. it s a good choice r not my gate score is 305 nd 24/100 under OBC...