What are your Favorite Movies??

I am interested in knowing what your favorite movies are when it comes to the most common film genres: Action. Comedy. Adventue. Drama. Horror. Science Fiction. Musical. Or whatever genre it may be. It could just be 1 movie. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For me, it's a Bollywood movie titled "A Wednesday". Those who don't understand Hindi, Get a dubbed version or one with sub-titles.
  • eelectrichuman
    eelectrichuman
    the pursuit of happyness,the shawshank redemption,october sky
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Mine are probably Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Inception.
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    Kalyug (Bollywood Movie).
  • sarah_joy
    sarah_joy
    3 idiots
    knight and day
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    its a long list, but i will not miss a chance to name andaz apna apna ๐Ÿ˜
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    i like 3 idiots(hindi) and happy days(telugu) and even a lot more but i never felt boaring in seeing these two.....
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Mine is a Anime movie "Ah! My Goddess", it is a love story actually. A must see. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Got a DVD yesterday, The Fighter! Its a great movie, based on real life. Its about a middle aged boxer, that didn't make it big. Its about his comeback, and all the drama that goes on with his family!

A great watch, if you like underdog movies!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Its a very long list, but i like "Matrix triology" most. Awesome, amazing, incomparable movie.
  • sarah_joy
    sarah_joy
    i've got another favorite movie..
    it's crazy little thing called love [thai movie]

i got carried away with it!ha-ha
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Man, i love the diversity of movie interests. I haven't heard of a lot of them especially the Bollywood movies. ;p
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I'm a Movie Addict!!!

August Rush, Disturbia, Accepted, Avatar, Top Gun and more...I'm just addicted to Movies ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ProdigiousJ
    Man, i love the diversity of movie interests. I haven't heard of a lot of them especially the Bollywood movies. ;p
    Movies teach you a lot. There are good movies and bad movies. Learn to watch all kinds of movies, only then can you learn real life.
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    lotz of thr bt sum are a wednesday,pyar ka punchnama and 3 idiots..............................transformerz,x-men
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Fantastic 4, Independence Day, I, Robot, Sharkboy & Lavagirl 3D, Spy Kids, Terminator, etc.
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Nice! I'm a fan of I-Robot and Terminator 2. Btw congratulations on graduating to Sensei, i'm an Addict now lol. I hope that's not a bad thing. ๐Ÿ˜›
    ProdigiousJ
    Nice! I'm a fan of I-Robot and Terminator 2. Btw congratulations on graduating to Sensei, i'm an Addict now lol. I hope that's not a bad thing. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Being an Addict in CE is a good thing... Congrats for that... ๐Ÿ˜€ And BTW, the list is long. If you had a chance to see my Orkut profile, you might have seen the complete list... ๐Ÿ˜€ Not sure about its completeness... It goes like 1000s of movies... Just English itself and regional, not to say... ๐Ÿ˜› Hits a million!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    my favorite movie is "DOOKUDU" (tollywood) of Mahesh Babu he is very superb in the film and the heroine Samantha was awesome in the movie go watch it you will be out of all tensions
  • aadilthakur90
    aadilthakur90
    My Favorite movies are:-๐Ÿ˜€
    1 Twilight breaking dawn
    2 Bad Teacher
    3 Priest
    4 Inception
    5 Black Swan
    6 Harry Potter the deathly hallows part 2
    7 SALT
  • prakash6flower
    prakash6flower
    one an only VINNAITHANDI VARUVAYA
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    All the parts of 'SAW' ....
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The list is LONG. I will mention a few:

Forrest Gump
    The Pursuit of Happiness
    Heavenly Forest (Japanese movie)
    My Sassy Girl (Korean)
    My Little Bride (Korean)
    Rang De Basanthi (Hindi)
    Okkadu (Telugu)
    Antaheen (Bengali)
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Dancer_Engineer
    The list is LONG. I will mention a few:

Forrest Gump
    The Pursuit of Happiness
    Heavenly Forest (Japanese movie)
    My Sassy Girl (Korean)
    My Little Bride (Korean)
    Rang De Basanthi (Hindi)
    Okkadu (Telugu)
    Antaheen (Bengali)

Do u know telugu ??
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    kiran1905411
    Do u know telugu ??
    Yes, I know telugu.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    The_Big_K
    For me, it's a Bollywood movie titled "A Wednesday". Those who don't understand Hindi, Get a dubbed version or one with sub-titles.
    Mine too, seriously amazing performance by Naseeruddin Shah - Google Search (though he's kinda DIRTY these days LOL ๐Ÿ˜›). There are other movies related to Mumbai Bomb Blasts like - Mumbai Meri Jaan, based on 7/11 Mumbai Bomb Blasts. It was also an amazing movie with nice talents like Madhavan, Soha Ali Khan, Irfan Khan, Paresh Rawal, Kay Kay Memon and Naseer.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    I preferably like to watch Hollywood Movies more than Bollywood Movies. It's not that I hate Bollywood as a whole. I've seen Karan Arjun, Sholay, DDLJ, Agneepath, Hum Aapke Hai Kaun (around 10-15 times). Plus, some movies based on True incidents like - A Wednesday, Shootout At Lokhandwala, or drawing some NEW Imaginations like - Black, My Name Is Khan, Taare Zameen Par. I respect SRK, Big B for their spectacular Performance. It's kinda like, I hate the current era of Bollywood, where the mainstream actresses are looking like Next Top Model without Acting Skills, and some actors like Salman Khan, are copying stunts from various Hollywood Action Movies and trying to imitate them like Rajnikaanth or Nagarjuna. ๐Ÿ˜› Overall, Bollywood is complete n00bs but SELLOUTS in Maket with lack of creativity and lots of copy-cats. Still There are some exceptions you get once in a year.

Now moving towards Hollywood, These are some of my Favorites :-
    1. Mona Lisa Smile
    2. AVATAR
    3. The Blind Side
    4. Terminator (Complete Series)
    5. Titanic
    6. Spiderman (Complete Series)
    7. Inception
    8. X-Men (Complete Series)
    9. Rambo/Rocky (Complete Series)
    10.Shutter Island
    11. Batman : The Dark Night
    12. Top Gun
    13. Transporter (Complete Series)
    14. Mission Impossible (Complete Series)
    15. Men In Black (Complete Series)
    16. Johnny English
    17. Valentine's Day
    18. 127 Hours
    19. Black Swan
    20. Shrek (Complete Series)
    .. and the list is so long ...
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Favorite Horror Movie - Shutter
  • Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    I love watching Shah Rukh Khan movies ๐Ÿ˜› , Harry Potter, Twilight series, light hindi movies, short documentaries..

but 3 Idiots is my favorite! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    LittleNut
    I love watching Shah Rukh Khan movies ๐Ÿ˜› , Harry Potter, Twilight series, light hindi movies, short documentaries..

but 3 Idiots is my favorite! ๐Ÿ˜€
    +1 for 3 Idiots and Harry Potter.................also including Andaz Apna Apna ๐Ÿ˜€
    3 Idiots and 7aum Arivu
    [โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Dancer_Engineer
    Favorite Horror Movie - Shutter
    Shutter or Shutter Island? Shutter Island is really difficult movie to understood. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    godfather
    Shutter or Shutter Island? Shutter Island is really difficult movie to understood. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Nope. It is Shutter. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Shutter (2008) - IMDb
    Dancer_Engineer
    Nope. It is Shutter. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Shutter (2008) - IMDb
    One of the most scariest movie I have got reviews ever! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Praveen-Kumar
    One of the most scariest movie I have got reviews ever! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    The Climax is Awesome! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    I love Andaaz Apna Apna, 3 idiots, Wake Up Sid ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    Businessman(telugu) of Prince Mahesh
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Movies of Tom Hanks || Directed by Christopher Nolan ; ๐Ÿ˜

Pursuit of happyness, Troy, Golmaal old, Ek Ruka Hua Faisla(Hollywood: 12 Angry Men).
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    2012 is worth watching,A wednesday is must watch movie.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    3 Idiots and 7aum Arivu
    [โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]
    That sir, is a *good* movie. Enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ Thank you for the share!
    The_Big_K
    Thanks I am honoured... Also this movie is good, but kinda not good for the light hearted people!
    180 - No Rules!
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Praveen-Kumar
    Thanks I am honoured... Also this movie is good, but kinda not good for the light hearted people!
    180 - No Rules!
    [โ€‹IMG]
    Yes it is a good movie. Nice taking By Jayendra and siddarth did well too.
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Yes it is a good movie. Nice taking By Jayendra and siddarth did well too.
    Kind of tragedy... Not for the weak hearts... My mom's bro had the same prob... ๐Ÿ˜” He passed away exactly last year!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ He's just 35...
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    I TOO WATCHED THE FILM 7AM ARIVU. BUT I FELT THAT IT WILL BE GOOD IF THE DIRECTOR HAD PUT SOME MORE EFFORT IN FINISHING THE CLIMAX.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Someone suggest blockbuster South Indian movies so that the rest of us can watch them. I've developed some special liking for South Indian movies in the recent times.
    The_Big_K
    Someone suggest blockbuster South Indian movies so that the rest of us can watch them. I've developed some special liking for South Indian movies in the recent times.
    Tamil movies too?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    The_Big_K
    Posting images of actors/actress/movie is not against CE rules here ???
    The_Big_K
    Telugu blockbuster movies :
    1. Magadheera
    2. Pokiri
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    The_Big_K
    The_Big_K
    1. Magadheera
    2. Pokiri
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    The_Big_K
    The_Big_K
    1. Magadheera
    2. Pokiri
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    K!r@nS!ngu

1. Magadheera
    2. Pokiri
    There are no written rules. However we act whenever we receive complaints.
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    K!r@nS!ngu

1. Magadheera
    2. Pokiri
    Hey another Block buster "Dookudu" yaar you missed it
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    These are my personal favorites:
    1) Daddy
    2) Okkadu
    3) Tagore
    4) Happy Days - must watch for all Crazy Engineers. ๐Ÿ‘

These are YRF types:
    1) Bommarillu
    2) Nuvvu Vastanante Nenu Vaddantana
  • remanjot
    remanjot
    I like war, adventure and mystery movies. Some of my favorite are:

Blood Diamond
    Inception
    Shutter Island
    Eagle Eye
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Telugu Industry all time Hits - Perfect 9

[โ€‹IMG]

1. Magadheera - The best of Telugu Industry.

[โ€‹IMG]

2. Pokiri - The Sensation of Telugu Industry - is also Wanted in Hindi but this original is way better than that. ๐Ÿ˜›

[โ€‹IMG]

3. Tagore - One of the best movies Telugu Industry had produced against corruption.

[โ€‹IMG]

4. Dhookudu - Highest grosser - collected 10 million rupees.

[โ€‹IMG]

5. Vedam - This is not a hit movie nor has had many collections but one of my favorite - had won film fare award. I recommend this movie as a must watch.

[โ€‹IMG][โ€‹IMG]

6. Sixth in my list - It's not one - It's two with the same name and with the same hero acting - It's Arya and perhaps Aarya 1 and Aarya 2 - I recommend these if you're huge fan of love stories and dance.

[โ€‹IMG]

7. Arundathi - This is definitely not a regular nor has a big hero for this film but is a big hit and is special of its kind. Special effects and marvelous acting by all the characters especially by sonu sood and the heroine - Anushka made this movie even better. A movie of female dominance - A must watch for thriller fans.

[โ€‹IMG]

8. Bommarillu - Many would be familiar with the movie and the characters. A good family love story.

[โ€‹IMG]

9. 100% Love - This might not be the best but is compatible to be in this list. A different love and a recent one is one of the factors for presenting this movie here - I hope you enjoy this too.

Here's few of very good movies but there were lot many like Nuvastanante nenu vadantana, Okkadu, Athadu, Brindavanam, Simhadhri, Yamadonga, Indra, Samarsimhareddy, Simha ...etc. as the list will never end.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Vaaranam Aayiram (2008) - IMDb. Complete Entertainer! ๐Ÿ‘ My fav-movies list got updated!
  • rambof07
    rambof07
    I have a huge list of my favourite movies. I love to watch horror movies. I am really crazy about watching online movies and I generally watch horror movies. As told earlier the list is long but some of my favourite movies are:The Birds (1963), Grindhouse (2007), Peeping Tom (1960), I Saw the Devil (2010).
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I love documentaries more than movies ... some of them which i love most are :
    1. 2 Turntables & the microphone
    2. Freestyle : The art of rhyme
    3. UFO hunters
    4. Black Nationalism
    5. The Fuck-it point
    6. Kurt Cobain : about a son
    7. Blind spot : Hitler's secretary

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, i'm trying to have the car steering implemented in a motorcycle. Kind of like a hub steered one. I've got many design flaws. Using the stock steering does not...
Indian scientists found that the human blood has the property of MERMISTER'S. They proved that human blood changes its electrical resistance depending on how much voltage is applied. It also...
MAKING 50 WATTS BULB FROM WATER BOTTLE(zero electricity needed) just i found a cool method of light harvesting which is very cheap and amazing. Using just a 2 liter bottle(plastic...
Hi all, i want to build a solar tracker, which will have a platform, which will rotate in azimuth direction according to sun motion. The platform should have max tangential...
We covered Google Wallets yesterday on VoiCE, and now its in news that, PayPal and eBay have filed lawsuit against Google charging that the Internet giant tapped into trade secrets...