What are velocity triangles?

i find difficulty in understanding the velocity triangles that we come across in turbo machines subject.. can any one explain what is the procedure for drawing velocity triangle??what are its uses

Replies

• anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    bye using of velocity triangle we can easily find out effect and relation between velocity of flowing fluid on vain or runner, relative velocity(velocity which is actually responsible for striking vain/runner. and vain / runner velocity.
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    bye using all this velocity we can find out force exerted on the runner and torque develop on the runner.
    finally we have to find out power required/ work done per second by the jet on the vane.
  • VISHNUGOPAN
    VISHNUGOPAN
    pk3610
    i find difficulty in understanding the velocity triangles that we come across in turbo machines subject.. can any one explain what is the procedure for drawing velocity triangle??what are its uses
    velocity triangles helps us to consider turbo machine problems in a pictorial way. By using a velocity triangles, anyone, with basic understanding of vector addition/subtraction can solve such problems....
  • VISHNUGOPAN
    VISHNUGOPAN
    pk3610
    For a typical problem we draw an inlet velocity triangle and an outlet velocity triangle. We'll mark on it,
    @ inlet ->> jet vel, vel of vane, vel pf whirl, vel of flow and angle b/w jet vel and vane vel. Relative vel of jet can be calculated from the triangle using vector calculation. Also corresponding angles could be calculated.
    Similarly for outlet triangle.
  • pk3610
    pk3610
    thank u for your reply ...i could understand better now. the basic knowledge required to understand these velocity triangles is about addition and subtraction of vectors and knowing difference between relative and absolute velocity..
  • VISHNUGOPAN
    VISHNUGOPAN
    a
    pk3610
    thank u for your reply ...i could understand better now. the basic knowledge required to understand these velocity triangles is about addition and subtraction of vectors and knowing difference between relative and absolute velocity..
    absolutely

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What exactly is the difference between a rocket and a missile? Are they different or same?
Graduate in Electrical Engineering. Ceritifeied course in Industrial Automation Engineering. More than one year experience in switchgear indurty. But i am looking for job in an autmobile engine electricals department....
This month is really special for CE and many new comers may not know why ? This month on the 26th we are going to celebrate CE birthday 😁🎉 So...
Sorry guys we ran into a dead end as two topics got tied on top this week we are having a repoll to see who comes out as victor
If you wish to setup a business in India, you might just want to incorporate your business as a private limited company. Of course there are several other options like...