CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@aparnakansal • 12 Jan, 2010
hi everyone,
please tell me what are the advantages of using mosfet amplifier as compared to a linear amplifier in a practical electronics circuit.

regards,
aparna
@Saandeep Sreerambatla • 12 Jan, 2010 Mosfet amplifier has high communication speed and low losses its better than other devices such as IGBT , Thyristor etc.

But mosfet designs are costlier than normal designs.
@silverscorpion • 12 Jan, 2010 Depends on your parameters. MOSFET amplifiers are fast, occupies less area and consumes less power compared to BJT's. But the gain of a mosfet is very small. The intrinsic gain of a single mos transistor is very small compared to that of a bjt. Also, while scaling down, you'll need to work with lower and lower supply voltages. In that case, MOS performs better than bjt as the supply voltage is decreased.

So, if you want speed, less area and power saving, then mos is better. If there's no such constraint, then there's no reason for you to leave traditional bjt.

Hope I answered your question!!!
@aparnakansal • 12 Jan, 2010 thanks english-scared and silverscorpion for answering me.

aparna
4.7k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 24, 2016

Howdy CEans! On November 26, 2016 CrazyEngineers will celebrate its 11th birthday. With the love and support of our CEans in over 180 countries; we've grown into a global community...
10.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 5, 2012

Problem: You tried to install Windows on your Mac via OSX inbuilt BootCamp utility and the installation didn't went through properly OR you removed Windows from your Mac which you...
5.3k views

@kumudhanandhu · Jan 2, 2013

i like to do a mini project with piezo electric crystals for project exhibition. Could anyone suggest me a gud topic?
9.4k views

@sangirawat1 · Jan 5, 2015

Students who are going to join CDAC-ACTS Pune for PG-DAC on 18 feb 2015 can share their information about Hostel/PG accomodations, required things to taken along with from home. etc...
5.6k views

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 24, 2013

ASUS India is all set to release its 7-inch FonePad in the Indian markets today. The ASUS Fonepad was first seen by the media worldwide at the MWC 2013 in...
4.5k views