CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@aparnakansal • 12 Jan, 2010
hi everyone,
please tell me what are the advantages of using mosfet amplifier as compared to a linear amplifier in a practical electronics circuit.

regards,
aparna
@Saandeep Sreerambatla • 12 Jan, 2010 Mosfet amplifier has high communication speed and low losses its better than other devices such as IGBT , Thyristor etc.

But mosfet designs are costlier than normal designs.
@silverscorpion • 12 Jan, 2010 Depends on your parameters. MOSFET amplifiers are fast, occupies less area and consumes less power compared to BJT's. But the gain of a mosfet is very small. The intrinsic gain of a single mos transistor is very small compared to that of a bjt. Also, while scaling down, you'll need to work with lower and lower supply voltages. In that case, MOS performs better than bjt as the supply voltage is decreased.

So, if you want speed, less area and power saving, then mos is better. If there's no such constraint, then there's no reason for you to leave traditional bjt.

Hope I answered your question!!!
@aparnakansal • 12 Jan, 2010 thanks english-scared and silverscorpion for answering me.

aparna
1.3k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 14, 2012

BSNL has already launched the 'Fiber To The Home' service which promises a direct fiber cable to the subscriber's home and speeds around 100 Mbps 😲. I'm wondering whether the...
8.5k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Oct 30, 2013

The Taiwanese electronics giant has launched affordable options for both Windows 8.1 and Android fans in India just in time for Diwali. We start with the ASUS Transformer Book T100....
1.8k views

@Ambarish Ganesh · Dec 24, 2013

Nokia has done away with it Android project, floated some rumors earlier, but now the famous @evleaks has revealed that the Finnish manufacturer is gearing up for the launch of...
1.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 2, 2014

I had an opportunity to watch the 4K Ultra-HDTV at a Sony showroom and was fairly impressed by the quality of the display. Samsung recently announced 4K Monitors in the...
2k views

@Jason Estibeiro · Jan 25, 2015

Chinese electronics company Xiaomi has been in the news a lot for the past year because of the launch of devices like Redmi 1S, Redmi Note and Mi3. Now it's...
2.1k views