what are the advantages of using mosfet as an amplifier?

hi everyone,
please tell me what are the advantages of using mosfet amplifier as compared to a linear amplifier in a practical electronics circuit.

regards,
aparna

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Mosfet amplifier has high communication speed and low losses its better than other devices such as IGBT , Thyristor etc.

But mosfet designs are costlier than normal designs.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Depends on your parameters. MOSFET amplifiers are fast, occupies less area and consumes less power compared to BJT's. But the gain of a mosfet is very small. The intrinsic gain of a single mos transistor is very small compared to that of a bjt. Also, while scaling down, you'll need to work with lower and lower supply voltages. In that case, MOS performs better than bjt as the supply voltage is decreased.

So, if you want speed, less area and power saving, then mos is better. If there's no such constraint, then there's no reason for you to leave traditional bjt.

Hope I answered your question!!!
  • aparnakansal
    aparnakansal
    thanks english-scared and silverscorpion for answering me.

aparna

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

suggest me topic for paper presentation,related to my branch i.e. petrochemical,topic can be on various modern techniques for extraction of petrochemicals from crude.
Liquid Web Launches New Cloud Hosting Product Storm On Demand! “Storm On Demand” Will Benefit Thousands of Businesses, Create 600 New High Tech Jobs in Michigan 01.11.2010 – LANSING, Mich....
Name- Rajiv Tiwari B.E (I.T)-Final Year Institute-KJSIEIT Hey everyone, Disappointed about missing something like this for previous 3 years.. Guess it would have been better But ne ways..hope to have...
Can anyone give some information or suitable links to explain how web browser makes connection with intenet? For more clarification of what i am trying to say is Say i...
Recent news in news paper revealed the fact that more than 15,000 students have opted for revaluation of their answer-book papers from universities in my state in India.😔 Out of...