What are Mutation Strings?

Hi guys ,

What are mutation strings? How are they used in programming?
Can we use the same in C language.
Can some give a clear idea about these mutation strings?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have read about these strings in Dan browns novel .
    These are something which multiplies itself like worms in system and creates security hazards in the story.

So what actually these are??
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Are you talking about Digital Fortress? I think he referred to those algorithms that change itself over time so it can be remained undetected. Kind of like those polymorphic viruses maybe ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • smita89
    smita89
    Dan Brown is although a fantastic writer, his technical concepts aren't always clear ๐Ÿ˜€
    read this: #-Link-Snipped-#

There is no such thing as Mutating Strings. However, there is a concept of Mutable strings in Java. But the concept that Brown has used in the books is related to encryption algorithm, whereas the Java classes that I've mentioned are nowhere related to the encryption/decryption concepts.

There are two string classes in Java string (immutable) and stringbuffer (mutable). String class is used to manipulate character strings that cannot be changed. The StringBuffer class is used to represent characters that can be modified. So stringbuffer is better for dealing with dynamic values (that's what the technical mutable strings means).

Now what Brown mentioned in the book was some sort of glitch in the algorithm to encrypt the program. The algorithm had two parts, one pointed to decrypting part of the program, and after decryption contain a clue to decrypt the next half of the program. But while the 1st half was being decrypted, the 2nd half of the algorithm rotated in a way that the first clue became redundant (concept of rotating cleartext). So the program was not able to be opened at all.

Actually no such thing exists ๐Ÿ˜
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    smita89
    Actually no such thing exists ๐Ÿ˜
    Exactly. ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When i scan by Avast Antivirus it doesnot give any threat and my newly free Norton scan shows these virus scan report.. IRC.backdoor.trojan how can i delete it? Although avast...
what is mean by 8bit,16bit, 32bit microprocessor.what is describing this bit size. plz explain in detail
Good morning, My name is Moraali. I am currently doing a project, but I have a problem on the cable communication issue for more than 6 months. FPGA is a...
It's official! CE get's its own official blog. Read the first post (announcement) -> VoiCE Do not forget to let us know your thoughts, ideas through your comments. โ€‹
I just saw the new landing page ... good show!