What are implications for change over from 50 hz to 60 hz system?

what are implications for change over from 50 hz to 60 hz system?

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    If you are using devices that usually work on DC - Like your laptop, TV, stereo system would not be affected that much i think, since they would have a rectifier at the very beginning.

Then there are the incandescent lamps which are independent of frequency.

But the problems may be with motors, refrigerators and tube-lights (not sure) which depend on the input frequency itself for their working. Especially motors - because the stators and rotors are constructed for the frequency.

-Karthik
  • adreeta
    adreeta
    what are the advantages of dc systems over ac systems?
  • adreeta
    adreeta
    thank u for the answer. its of great help.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    There are problems to the equipments which are not designed to operate on dual frequencies and are connected to different as mentioned.

Whether its a Transformer, motor, - if not operated on designed frequency - has adverse effects of system getting heated up, high/low speed in case of motors etc.
  • raghunathreddy36
    raghunathreddy36
    cycloconverter, FFTS using these tech. we have to increase the frequncy but our consumer loads are only 50 hz freq. thats why their is no need to increasing the freq.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Just for information, please read this thread. You may need the information.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

the lead acid battery has more negative plates than positive, why it is so.... plz explain ........ thanx
I have an idea of using magnets in the engine parts by using their property 😎"like poles repel each other":sshhh😛lease comment on this😁
I am using a CPLD in my lab work(7 segment LED circuit).I have done with the VHDL programming but now I am having problem on how to connect the download...
me project . Load frequency control of two area power system using artificial neural networks can you give me any idea & material of above topic.can you guide me
How to select fullwave rectifier or halfwave rectifier in a single circuit using 4 diodes?