What are blue prints ?

So what are blueprints ? and how do they differ from an engineering drawing ? are these things the same thing, with the exception that the former is printed on some blue colored sheet or so ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    When we were students and during early days of work (1950-60s) drawings were actually made by hand on a translucent tracing sheets using Indian Ink. These were reproduced in an blue printing machine which produced a negative drawing with white lines on a blue background (hence the name).
    I have myself used one of these ungainly machines.
    It was also called ammonia prints. Some sheets will give sepia toned prints.

Here is more info:
    Blueprint

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Auto rickshaws have one wheel in the front and two in the rear. now here is a crazy idea : how about a car with two wheels in the front...
E&TC or communications students looking for latest seminar topic may pick up '4K broadcasting technology'. The topic is quite latest - and is very interesting. Japan will soon become the...
Infrabel of Belgium owns the railway tracks and the amazing machines that lay tracks on the go. Amazing feat of mechanical engineering. An absorbing 5 minute video: https://dc132.file.qip.ru/flash/play.../aefc0a75_kak_kladut_relsi.html&sharing.code= (From Asif...
best institute for coaching in various entrance exams and abroad study. All in one institute, any one want to give exam for government jobs can get full inquiry and details...
This s a very basic doubt regarding turning moment diagram. I have 2 engines. One is single cylinder and other is multi cylinder. Both are of same power rating. Theoretically,...