What after Diploma ?

Hello friends,
I have completed Diploma engineering in EC ... & I have no urge for Degree anymore.
I have heard a lot about courses that helps to master in a single field of "Networking".
My question is, is IIHT/NIIT a good reputed branch for certified courses ?
If yes, from which course should I start ?
Do help please .. thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On a related thought; since you've obtained a diploma, I'd recommend you to go for a degree because it's going to be a cakewalk for you. In India, people (recruiters) tend to go after degree certificate as a basic minimum selection criteria.

But that, only when you're looking to find a job.

NIIT has a good brand name. But city-centers may have their own reputation. If you're planning to join the institutes for the sake of placements, then I'd recommend getting a track record of the local institute for placements.

If you're focused on Networking, I'd recommend focusing on institutes that offer preparation for specific certifications (like CISCO certification). #-Link-Snipped-# might guide you more on this. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    The_Big_K
    On a related thought; since you've obtained a diploma, I'd recommend you to go for a degree because it's going to be a cakewalk for you. In India, people (recruiters) tend to go after degree certificate as a basic minimum selection criteria.

But that, only when you're looking to find a job.

NIIT has a good brand name. But city-centers may have their own reputation. If you're planning to join the institutes for the sake of placements, then I'd recommend getting a track record of the local institute for placements.

If you're focused on Networking, I'd recommend focusing on institutes that offer preparation for specific certifications (like CISCO certification). #-Link-Snipped-# might guide you more on this. ๐Ÿ˜€
    1 more question,
    Can a diploma holder can give AIEEE/IIT/BIT-SAT exam & get admission in a reputed NIT/IIT/BITS college ??
    To be honest, I hate GTU(Gujarat Technical University) & their education system.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In Maharashtra, you can directly get admitted into 2nd year of engineering. #-Link-Snipped-# might tell you a bit about this.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    i think you are eligible for writing the CET exams. My elder sister, did her diploma(polytechnic) in instrumentation and gave CET exam later to join 2nd year of Btech degree. Better check again for eligibility criteria for these exams.

As far as networking is concerned, institutions will help you only till that much. I would rather say 100% effort needs to be from your end. networking concepts are not hard to understand, joining an instituion would prove to be an advantage, if-and-only-if they are quipped with good lab facility and you are determined to use the lab facility. In general a CCNP lab set consisting of 4-5 routers and few switches migth cost you upto 1 lac (as what I caclulated), and CCIE devices would cost even more. But the fees for the insitutions is around 15k for ccna and 30-40k for ccnp and 1lac+ for ccie. So I would say joining an institution would be preferable, if-and-only-if you really want to master the art of networking, dedicate hours of lab practise.
    There are Juuniper certifications as well, I dont have too much info on them, but they would be in similar technology as cisco.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You won't get direct second year admission to the "reputed NIT/IIT/BITS college", but then why waste another year to start from first year only to learn same subject again!
    Diploma holders already know ounces more about the branch-specific subjects than regular 11th-12th students. I never wanted to go fo degree after diploma. In fact I thought I would just go and get a job. (we had campus placement rounds too.)
    But later I realized that the 3 years of B.E./B.Tech after diploma are what Biggie calls 'cake walk'. You will be out with a degree even before you know it. ๐Ÿ˜ You will have lots of time at hand to pursue your specific interests because cracking the main semester Exams isn't so difficult. So, you will have plenty of time at hand during the semester to learn networking, animation, advanced JAVA, python or anything you want. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just a little clarification: Engineering is a cake walk because you're already well versed with all the subjects. Mathematics, is often a bigger challenge for those who come from a diploma background.

Why not join a small / startup company in your area while you attend the classes part time? Or if you find a good opportunity to start; start your own small company
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    Thank yu so much for reply,
    Again, I have 1 more question .. sorry for inconvenience.
    If i move from Gujarat to Maharashtra & apply for MAH-CET in 2013, I can get admission in reputed colleges of Maharashtra as lateral entry, right ?
    & If i attempt NITs, I have to waste 1 more year (I have to do all 4 years), right ?

wasting 1 year is not issue for me, as I am not going to sit idle ... The thing is i studied in GTU & my 3 years experience says its worst University ... I just dont want that BS again.
    Here, teachers speaks in gujarati during lectures (not all, but most) ; college dont have all equipments (guess what, during 4th sem in T.V. lab , we didnt even saw a circuit of T.V.)
    & its not that I was in from worst college, I was in 2nd ranked diploma college in 2009 when i took admission.
    In short, I wanna get out & feel some good engineers & faculties .. sorry for venting.
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    The_Big_K
    Just a little clarification: Engineering is a cake walk because you're already well versed with all the subjects. Mathematics, is often a bigger challenge for those who come from a diploma background.

Why not join a small / startup company in your area while you attend the classes part time? Or if you find a good opportunity to start; start your own small company
    Thanks for idea ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i'm nandini.suri .i'm persuing my 3rd btech in dhanekula institute of engg. and technology in branch civil at vijayawada.
Can someone tell me the complete procedure of obtaining a CrazyEngineers Network ID? I wish to get one as soon as possible.
I have a project to create a device somehow analogous to the Telegraph. Any suggestion?
Can someone tell me where to get the papers/PDFs/journals on following topics: 1. Plasma startup to create high energy light to make smaller microchips. 2. New Technique Controls Crystalline Structure...