What After Btech Electrical and Electronics ?

Hello peeps,
Just completed Electrical And Electronics Engineering with a cgpa of 6.5 (i know its low but that's all i could manage 😔 ). Am confused on what to do next , neither do i have much grasp over the core electrical subjects nor any in depth knowledge in subjects i was interested in (microprocessors) . To simply put it , i wasted 4 years of my life and came out with a Degree mugging up everything they threw at me .
By now you must have gotten an idea on where i stand - Is there any chance i can get into any kinds of job with just meager know-how i have in my area of specialization ?
We are not very financially sound so id like to get into some sort of earning spree as quick as possible - doing MBA as such is not an option for me ,please suggest if there are any other certification courses or the like that can add value to my resume and broaden my scopes keeping in mind the low percentile i have .
Finally Is it worth doing m tech ,i don't wanna go into teaching field though nor do i have thirst for knowledge but if it can provide me with more opportunities then I'll have a go at it . Also are IITs the only worthy institutes for doing m tech ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You'll just be wasting your money and time (and efforts) in getting more degrees and certificates. Also, you seem to have put up walls around you that are limiting you from building your knowledge and actually knowing stuff. You should start finding internship, or any job relevant to your interest area and build a source of income.

2 years of solid experience would open up the doors that you never imagined. The industry respects work experience more than degrees; and if you could turn all your 'negative points' into making yourself awesome; you'd be ahead of everyone around you.

My opinion and suggestion is to look for a job that will give you the experience and some real knowledge. Build your resume over the next 2 years and make sure your next employer kiss your shoes to hire you. I hope you got the point I'm trying to make.
  • Dastan4eva
    Dastan4eva
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You'll just be wasting your money and time (and efforts) in getting more degrees and certificates. Also, you seem to have put up walls around you that are limiting you from building your knowledge and actually knowing stuff. You should start finding internship, or any job relevant to your interest area and build a source of income.

2 years of solid experience would open up the doors that you never imagined. The industry respects work experience more than degrees; and if you could turn all your 'negative points' into making yourself awesome; you'd be ahead of everyone around you.

My opinion and suggestion is to look for a job that will give you the experience and some real knowledge. Build your resume over the next 2 years and make sure your next employer kiss your shoes to hire you. I hope you got the point I'm trying to make.
    Much thanks sir and yes i fully understand what you are trying to imply here .The problem is most offerings i find are IT/CS based and i have no programming background whatsoever nor do i want to sit in front of a computer whole (no offense/disrespect intended!). Anyway like you've suggested ,finding an internship looks the only way ahead for the moment= ill keep searching , thanks again .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# You said you like subject like microprocessors, well it includes programming, for which you have to sit in front of computer.
    Being an electrical & electronics engineer with no grasp of core electronics ,who have interest in subjects like microprocessors & microcontrollers but don't want to sit infront of computer. Ah! I don't know what kinda job are you looking for ?
  • Dastan4eva
    Dastan4eva
    ^Yea i might have contradicted myself a little there, but the kind of introduction you get to Microprocessors in accordance with the BE syllabus is mostly theoretical.On the programming side of things some division/multiplication algorithms using 8085/6 assembly instruction set were the only stuff to be dealt with.
    And yes you are absolutely correct in pointing out that even you sir, don't understand what kinda job i am you looking for . Fact is i myself am yet to realize where my strength lies (that is,if i have any ) .Wasted 4 years of my life studying something i have no interest in whatsoever and now i stand completely devoid of any skills or ambitions . I think am slated to be DOOMED . Just making few final attempts before the inevitable
    Anyway thank you for your reply 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's France Vs. Germany at FIFA 2014 today and we're just about 25 minutes away from the official war. I'm sure all our CEans must have taken their sides with...
Computers are excellent at most tasks but there is one such thing at which they are consistently beaten by humans, Pattern Recognition. But it seems our trump card to supremacy...
An XDA member 'riyono' ported Jolla launcher for Android 4.2+ devices from original source of an XDA member 'Arnob' who ported it for Android 4.3+ devices. I have tested it...
I accidentally got Admission in Aeronautics Engineering and studying fair enough to be in It. but still wish that if i would have been admitted to mechanical Engineering.