Welding Query

In most of the cases, when we r using filler metal while welding, then why don't we use same filler metal as that of base metal

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think it might be because the filler metal must have a melting point below the base metal for it to create the required weld pool and proper bonding.
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    and remember u need the addition of new elements to help stabilize, prevent corrosion and avoid the formation of undesirable phases

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Important Tips for Logical Reasoning Study the question carefully. A brief explanation of why each choice is correct or incorrect follows each practice question. If you understand this reasoning for...
hi everyone . i am using ubuntu 9.04 .could anyone let me know where i can get the stabe version of wine like wine 1.0.1...... and i find only development...
Can anyone explain Diffusion Capacitance of a PN juntion diode. All I know is that it comes into play when the diode is Forward biased and increases exponentially with increase...
Hello i am nik. Iam in my 2nd b.tech nd have been assigned 2 do a project.can u plz giv me some suggestions
LASER IGNITION SYSTEM​ ​ Lewis and von Elbe's data on minimum spark ignition energies in gases have been the standard for many years, however, these data still do not agree...