Welcome to Northern Ireland.

We have somewhat of a bad reputation in Northern Ireland and with a bloody terrorist conflict for over 30 years, one can see why. But there’s so much beauty around my wee country and ironically, because of the conflict, we never got the influx of tourists the rest of Europe did over the years, which means a lot of our countryside is untouched by sometimes bad human intervention.

Some American film studios are starting to come here (I don’t know if it’s a good thing or not) but they seem to be respectful so far, which is great. We had ‘Game of thrones’ which was shot a few mile up the road from where I live, as well as other locations around Northern Ireland.

Anyway, some photos I’ve taken from I moved back here (I was living in London City for a few years) I took these all last summer and I’m getting ready, as the good weather is coming back, to head out into the wild once again.

Bit of fly fishing, bit of camping and some snapping, getting off the grid and into the wild.

Bee1

beee2

Fly3

Spider4

Spider5

ladybird6

The railway, by train in the country areas of Co Armagh to Belfast - capital city.

[​IMG]

Wee story with music I did with this next photo (turn up your sound) - #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]

Next two are the big cranes at the Belfast ship yards; this is where they built the titanic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main motorway M1 toward Belfast City.

[​IMG]

Game of thrones central.

[​IMG]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please upload your photos directly so that we can view them. Ireland is a place I want to visit in the next 2-3 years. All the regions wrongly in the news for terrorists activities are actually very beautiful [ India's Kashmir, Israel (I visited it last year), Northern Ireland] and so on.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Looks like you're good photographer too. Keep it up dude. 😀
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Can you upload some scenery for us to see. Let us see through the eyes of a friend and not the mass media
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    you have a great eye!😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please upload the rest of the photos too. Its amazing to see the beauty of your place. 😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Very nice photography , and yes there are many places (good) which are good to watch but unable to reach!
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#, that is some awesome neat photography. 😀

Loved the lady bird. 😍
  • sickboy
    sickboy
    So you so much, very kind.

I pass this field everyday, played in it as a child, came down it in a sleigh, chipped a bone in my arm one summer while messing in it and saw my first unexplained array of lights back when I was 7 years old, while sitting in it. And funny thing was I'd never ever taken a photo of it before now. I took my girlfriend and wee girl fishing the other day and the lake is not too far from the field.

This is the real Ireland, if you ever wished to experience the real Ireland then stay off the tourist trap and come down to wilds of Co Armagh, we might not have fantastic shops and the waiting list for an iphone is 4.5 years, but it’s the real Ireland you won’t see on the maps.

Cabragh ‘UFO Point’ Co Armagh in Northern Ireland

Cabragh-UFO-Point

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends , i am samir ranjan parhi . pursuing my B.Tech in centurion institute of technology , bhubaneswar,odisha,india.i m of electrical & electronics branch.now i m afinal year student...
For those of us who wish to explore space beyond what is conceivable today, the 100 Year Starship (100YSS) is like a dream come true. Mae Jemison, M.D., the world’s...
hii everyone I want 2 know about work exerience in Amdocs?? actually what type of work I m gng 2 perform ?
Someoone please help me with this. How do I find the elctrostatic energy per unit length using these 3 methods: 1. 2. (Q^2)/2C 3.
IM MARINE ENGINEER..I HAVE DONE B.S IN MARINE ENGINEERING .TOLANI HAS STARTED A One Year Master’s Programme in Marine Engineering ​IN COLLABRATION WITH Universities of Glasgow and Strathclyde in Glasgow...