Welcome Message to New Registered Member.

Well as I found that so many newly Registered members are posting their queries in their profile only the don't know how to use forum.

So what I was thinking is that how if we send one automatic PM to new registered member in which there is welcome message plus links of Rules, Introduction Section and etc so they can redirected to our discussion sections.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    Well as I found that so many newly Registered members are posting their queries in their profile only the don't know how to use forum.

So what I was thinking is that how if we send one automatic PM to new registered member in which there is welcome message plus links of Rules, Introduction Section and etc so they can redirected to our discussion sections.
    Sounds like a good idea. But they should first know how to check conversations. Alternatively we can simply modify the 'welcome' email that we send to them.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Sounds like a good idea. But they should first know how to check conversations. Alternatively we can simply modify the 'welcome' email that we send to them.
    New Conversation shows figure 1 at the top bar and i think its enough to make user curious what's that and once they click there. . . . ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, that's good. But I'm 100% sure that they will post their question in the conversation itself. Alternatively, we can display a big notice in the top asking them to view a tutorial on how to use the site.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Well, that's good. But I'm 100% sure that they will post their question in the conversation itself. Alternatively, we can display a big notice in the top asking them to view a tutorial on how to use the site.
    Can we put some provision that they can't reply to that Conversation and redirected to Tutorial? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not sure. Let me figure out a better approach to this.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I dont think anyone will read the email thorougly. all that will be seen is "click on this ;link to activate your acount"
    instead, rules and regualtions should be a static page (aka terms and conditions but not so lenghtly that no one reads them!) and you cannot proceed to post until, each condition is accepted.?!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    durga
    I dont think anyone will read the email thorougly. all that will be seen is "click on this ;link to activate your acount"
    instead, rules and regualtions should be a static page (aka terms and conditions but not so lenghtly that no one reads them!) and you cannot proceed to post until, each condition is accepted.?!
    This is also another way, Is is Possible to keep both options?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes durga is right! Most of the people won't read the automatically generated Emails, they will just look for the activation link. The same case with the Terms and Conditions box.

you cannot proceed to post until, each condition is accepted
    This is bit useful.

And may be we can also display some useful links in a glossy page after activating the Email link like-

Welcome, Here are the tips useful for you.

1. See how to use this forum?
    2. Learn how to post a New thread?
    ------
    <-- we can list all the helpful tutorials here -->
    ------
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Still I strongly welcome message may be more useful and format should be copied from SADA's Reply.
    Sada ๐Ÿ‘
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    That's a quite easyful and readful format and I hope it works ๐Ÿ˜€
    Newbies should first know how to use the forum and how to access the forum, later on we can tell them about the rules once they become regular ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Not sure. Let me figure out a better approach to this.
    I just notice that there is option to "Lock Conversation" so there is no more reply once we LOCK it. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I have a suggestion.
    I see newbies posting queries without first searching the Forum.
    And the answer to their query already exists in many threads.

Maybe the first time they click on Post New Thread, a pop up message should come asking them if they would first like to search the forum for the query and direct them to the Search Forum tab. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    I have a suggestion.
    I see newbies posting queries without first searching the Forum.
    And the answer to their query already exists in many threads.

Maybe the first time they click on Post New Thread, a pop up message should come asking them if they would first like to search the forum for the query and direct them to the Search Forum tab. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I'm already working on a better notification system to guide our new members. Should be in place over next week.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    I'm already working on a better notification system to guide our new members. Should be in place over next week.
    Ok. ๐Ÿ‘

Something else had come to my mind some days back while searching, I didn't know where to post and now I forgot. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Well, how many do you think they will go through the welcome message? So, lets have it in the yellow slider above na?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Praveen-Kumar
    Well, how many do you think they will go through the welcome message? So, lets have it in the yellow slider above na?
    we've to show that message to new comer only. That's why yellow banner is not good option.
    godfather
    we've to show that message to new comer only. That's why yellow banner is not good option.
    We can make it like this:
    1. A new member should have post access only in Introductions forum.
    2. The yellow banner should be displayed only for members less than 1 post!
    Hope this is programmatically possible... What say?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Praveen-Kumar
    If filtering is possible then it's ok. Let's see!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Yes - that's what we're doing. The message will be displayed at the top. It can't be skipped by the targeted member.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    It is possible.

But we should not 'force' them to introducing themselves. I noticed that people mostly post in incorrect section because they aren't aware of the forums system.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    I noticed that people mostly post in incorrect section because they aren't aware of the forums system.
    Today a newbie sent me a PM, I asked her to introduce herself in the Forum and she replied saying she found some information by Admin that "no introduction here" ๐Ÿ˜จ
    She got confused.
    I gave her the link for post a thread, but I didn't see her Introduction in the forum. ๐Ÿ‘€
    Dancer_Engineer
    Today a newbie sent me a PM, I asked her to introduce herself in the Forum and she replied saying she found some information by Admin that "no introduction here" ๐Ÿ˜จ
    She got confused.
    I gave her the link for post a thread, but I didn't see her Introduction in the forum. ๐Ÿ‘€
    Yeah. I agree... There is a Global Sticky, which says This is not an Introduction Forum inside the Introduce Yourselves. Biggie, please correct that if possible... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    She got confused.
    Unfortunately, there are several visitors who've never experienced the forums before. They usually get confused. But the good news is that our new forum system allows us to display user specific notices. It should solve the problem to a large extent.

I think it's worth a try. I'll update once it's done.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Praveen-Kumar
    Yeah. I agree... There is a Global Sticky, which says This is not an Introduction Forum inside the Introduce Yourselves. Biggie, please correct that if possible... ๐Ÿ˜€
    I think she found this thread:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

@Big,
    When you click on the CE-Introductions hyper-link, it shows page not found.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Unfortunately, there are several visitors who've never experienced the forums before. They usually get confused. But the good news is that our new forum system allows us to display user specific notices. It should solve the problem to a large extent.

I think it's worth a try. I'll update once it's done.
    Yeah, would be great help for the newbies. ๐Ÿ˜€

PS: I never got confused or lost here ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, that was a thread from an OLD section which no longer exists. I deleted that thread because it's no longer relevant and was misleading.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Okay, that was a thread from an OLD section which no longer exists. I deleted that thread because it's no longer relevant and was misleading.
    Ok. You can't edit the post?

Reminds me, when is the 'invite your friend' feature going to be updated?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok. You can't edit the post?
    Reminds me, when is the 'invite your friend' feature going to be updated?
    We're currently working on integration of our blog & forums. It's actually a big task. Once it's done, we'll begin with friend invite feature. However, we might just want to add few new features to the site so that the invited friends will have much more to do than participate in discussions. Let me reveal the surprises at the right time ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Let me reveal the surprises at the right time ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Why do people create curiosity and then say, "Let me reveal the surprises at the right time"? ๐Ÿ˜›

Good Luck Dude.
    Waiting for the surprises! ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On and off, I've toyed with the notion of learning to read Chinese. Not to speak, understand or even write it--those might come later. I'm just thinking of learning to...
If you are aware of the designs by Calty, you will be anxious to see the new concept car designed by it. Lexus will showcase its concept vehicle next month...
Nokia has just sent out invites to leading media & publishers inviting them to the Nokia press event at Consumer Electronics Show 2012 at Las Vegas. From the invitation, it...
Verizon wireless team has confirmed that there are indeed few issues with the LTE Galaxy Nexus phone. Verizon's support team through their official twitter account informed that the engineers are...
IniZio 2012 is a state level civil engineering event organized by Government College Of Engineering, Aurangabad. IniZio brings you the following events - PRATIROOP: This competition needs the students to...