Webcam access using javascript

hello Friends.. i want to know how to access webcam with java script or jquery only. no flash.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    karan20m
    hello Friends.. i want to know how to access webcam with java script or jquery only. no flash.
    I think following links should be useful -

#-Link-Snipped-# &

Platform/Features/Camera API - MozillaWiki
  • karan20m
    karan20m
    i have tried. but it is not working. any other option??
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Try this link

Webcam Access is Easy in JavaScript | Chris Bateman

It will surely help you
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Well, if you are working on remote monitoring, may I suggest using a IP camera like #-Link-Snipped-# No programming required absolutely.
  • karan20m
    karan20m
    thnx manish. its working
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# but karan, the above link is working for chrome only, there are many tutorial out there on google, you can use them
  • karan20m
    karan20m
    @#-Link-Snipped-# you just have to add another
    constraints for different browsers.
    llike for firefox-navigator.mozGetUserMedia and for
    chrome-navigator.webkitGetUserMedia.
    and it will work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With our cameras going full HD and the world moving over to 4K videos, it's no surprise that our digital data storage needs are going to grow exponentially in coming...
I've often wondered if there are any special reasons why the camera module, the rear one, is positioned towards the top of the phone and not at the center. Isn't...
I found Arduino IDE not a good tool to edit arduino sketches & upload it in Arduino, especially in my Linux system(Editor kinda sucks & it's slow). So, I searched...
I'm shocked & stunned after reading about the proposed and upcoming banking reforms in India initiated by the Reserve Bank Of India (RBI) in ET. The newly appointed RBI chief,...
I am planning to buy a new bike😁 At first my options were Yamaha R15 and CBR 150R...but they are as common as any other bikes in the city these...