web-based controlling system

hye there,can sumbody help me with ideas or example how to make a web-based remote monitoring and controlling system project??
actually i already survey sum website about this project but i cant understand.i already build a simple LED circuit with DB-25 connector to connect to printer port.my problems now is the software and the programming.i dun know wat software or script suitable to complete this project.i've heard about PHP,Apache,Linux,MySQL and etc.but i dun hav ideas how to use it.can sumbody help me maybe with the example?i need a.s.a.p.next week i must present it to my lect.really appreciate who can give me sum help here.can also reply me at #-Link-Snipped-#.
thx..

Replies

• sneakerslaw
    sneakerslaw
    web-based project

hye there,can sumbody help me with ideas or example how to make a web-based remote monitoring and controlling system project??
    actually i already survey sum website about this project but i cant understand.i already build a simple LED circuit with DB-25 connector to connect to printer port.my problems now is the software and the programming.i dun know wat software or script suitable to complete this project.i've heard about PHP,Apache,Linux,MySQL and etc.but i dun hav ideas how to use it.can sumbody help me maybe with the example?i need a.s.a.p.next week i must present it to my lect.really appreciate who can give me sum help here.can also reply me at #-Link-Snipped-#.
    thx..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt if PHP will be useful. Apache is a freeware web-server & MYSQL is a DB.

Could you post details about your project? Maybe it will attract replies to this post.

-The Big K-
  • xero
    xero
    Can you just elaborate the functioning of the circuit you are making. We would also like to know about this remote application of yours. This could really help in finding the proper tools !
  • pankaj.sharma
    pankaj.sharma
    Can you just describe your project means what you want to do
  • harshharsh26
    harshharsh26
    Hi ,
    I had done the similar project related to home automation in my finals.
    I would like to help if you can give me more details of what you want.
    You can write a simple C program to have this i/o to printer port.
    try using outport and inport functions.
  • mahul
    mahul
    hey this is easy....i can help u with programming....in linux enviorment u can directly write to the parallel ports....check out these c functions ioperm(), inb(), and outb(). in windows envornment u cn try visual c++ or vb....vb would be easier i think. u can mail me furthur details if u want to know more.
  • binu_ji
    binu_ji
    Controlling & Monitoring through web can be done easily without the help of PC. It can be done with an Microcontroller & an Serial to Ethernet converter.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi pals, plz tell me how to change the logon screen of windows xp to classic style.
Hello CEans, How are you doing all?! I'm a new member in the forum and here is some info. about me. Engineering Trade: Computer Engineering (CE) 😉 Occupation: Senior Student...
Dear CEans, I'm a student in the field of computer engineering. I'm currently taking an introduction course to robotics and asked to "design and build a mobile device that will...
CEans, The Internet is full of websites which allow you to share files. For those who do not know what I'm talking about, the concept of file sharing on the...
hi everybody............