Wearing "Failure" As A Badge Of Honor

Entrepreneurship and failure go hand in hand. The major part of entrepreneurs life and any startup is about dealing with failures. The world is uncertain and the decisions don't always go right. While failures make few people 'give up'; others take it as a new challenge. This post is about looking at failure in a different way. In fact, I'm thinking how about treating failure as a badge of honor? That thinking can change the way we look at the things. There are several wannapreneurs who want to start but are afraid that they will fail. They're so intimidated by the fear of failure that they refuse to get out of their chairs and take the first step.

From my personal experience - it's quite possible to handle failures - by completely ignoring them. Failures in the end, is just a state of the mind. But we are mostly concerned about 'emerging as a winner' in the eyes of society. That makes us give up trying a lot of things.

Do you think the society matters a *lot* that it influences our decisions? Can we condition our own brains to ignore society and take pride in "I tried! It's OK that I failed. I'll try again!"?

Replies

• anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Totally Biggie! Our society influences our decisions. In my case, when I really wanted to take up Civil Engineering, everyone were shocked than being surprised My relatives tried changing my mind. I had to give a reassurance to my parents that I am confident enough to take it up. Still I was made to take IT, though I changed it later 😀 And now people in my family are proud that I am a Civil Engineer. So I feel we need to take up chances and make a change and do what we want.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Do you think the society matters a *lot* that it influences our decisions? Can we condition our own brains to ignore society and take pride in "I tried! It's OK that I failed. I'll try again!"?
    Society does influence the decision of the masses. It takes a real strong heart to swim against the current and be ready to face the consequences. I feel some people have this ability by birth in them and some acquire it due to the experiences that they have to face. It would be easier said than done to 'condition one's brains' to 'ignore society'. 👀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can someone briefly tell me how do sensors work? I've to know it as a part of my industrial engineering studies.
why is vortex fow important and its application in mechanical engineering??
I want detailed information for the following file formats - drg , pcs , idi , wrl. Can someone tell me what are these file formats associated with?
Dear All, Please tell me whether we can use variable frequency drive in centrifugal air compressors. Regards, Harshad Katre
hi............. i'm Marut mishra.belonging from lko.(up),india.i'm student of final year from mechanical department....