WD Launches 'My Cloud' Device In India - Focuses On Centralizing & Securing Data

US-based Western Digital (WD), a storage solutions major, recently launched a personal cloud storage device range called 'My Cloud'. This device is a complete solution for user who wish to organize and centralize their digital content -from computers, mobile phones, tablets - without compromising on security, and access the content from any device from any part of the world. Simply by connecting the My Cloud to the internet, users get the any-device, anywhere functionality from public cloud, without shelling out bucks on a monthly basis or giving up control over their personal data.

MyCloud

Khalid Wani, WD's Sales Director, India, Middle East and Africa, stated that with content across several devices, a digital chaos is bound to occur. My Cloud is a step taken to address this very issue, and this will empower users to live their digital lives without limits, he added.

My Cloud devices are priced between Rs 11k - 15k. The 2TB device is priced at Rs 10,999, the 3TB device is priced at Rs 12,999 and the 4TB device is priced at Rs 14,999.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The pricing looks reasonable for the 4TB box. Apple's offering with 2TB of storage sells for about 16K in India. Curious to know whether this box supports Thunderbolt connection; or at least USB 3.0.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The image has been replaced with the correct one, thanks to an email from the Western Digital team.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sony has launched a new gadget that aims at making your workload lighter. Yep. The Sony Digital Paper is here for making work a lot easy at places where documents...
I have this doubt for a long time so here it is: Why many phone companies audio plugs dont work properly on common 3.5mm jack? New age phones are equipped...
After launching its much awaited One M8, HTC now has come up with Dual-SIM Desire 310 in India. With good design, quad-core processor and average camera features, HTC has added...
In what has been an eventful week for Facebook, we now find that the company isn't done with its weekly agenda. The social media giant has today announced its ambitious...
Jason Duke submitted a new project: Hoop Tracker - World's First Basketball SmartWatch Hoop Tracker is the world's first smartwatch capable of of automatically tracking real-time 3PT, FG, and FT...