WD external HDD unresposive, unaccessible and freezes system

Western Digital hard disk suddenly becomes unresponsive and inaccessible. Is there such experience and what's the likely solution with limited solution.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Cyrus11
    Western Digital hard disk suddenly becomes unresponsive and inaccessible. Is there such experience and what's the likely solution with limited solution.
    Well, I've been using WD external HDD for a while now and it performs well. No issues so far. Adding more information about the exact nature of the problem would definitely help offer solutions.

Did the HDD experience any physical shock in recent times? Does the LED on the drive glow? Is the problem intermittent or permanent?
  • Cyrus11
    Cyrus11
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I've been using WD external HDD for a while now and it performs well. No issues so far. Adding more information about the exact nature of the problem would definitely help offer solutions.

Did the HDD experience any physical shock in recent times? Does the LED on the drive glow? Is the problem intermittent or permanent?
    The LED glows, at a point the LED stays still. this happened when i removed it without ejecting it cos the pc on which i was using it was too slow

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Walking stick is an innovative stick designed especially for visually disabled people, helping them becomes self sustained and connecting them to technology. Our prime purpose...
Project Abstract / Summary : REMOTE GROCERY INDICATOR Gone are the days when one is so free to check daily the grocery requirements. Everything is going online and high-tech with...
Hi awesomes, What is redhat linux job profile and job responsibilities? How is career growth in this job?
Project Abstract / Summary : INTRODUCTION To maintain quality of water it was necessary to check the water from outlet of sewage treatment plants. The parameters checked are visibility and...
Dr. Woolley and team from Brigham Young University are looking at folding the DNA to form specific shapes that can be used to create speedier and cheaper computer chips for...