Waterproof Mobile Phones - Small Talk with Ajay Vishwakarma

CEans,

As we say, we got to turn the right screws to make the world a better place to live. Imagination combined with technical knowledge can do wonders. We are proud to have Mr. Ajay Vishwakarma, a CEan, who did not like mobile phones going useless because of moisture/water. He went on to create a solution that will make your mobile phones water resistant. Mr. Ajay comes from a small town in Maharashtra (India) & his solution is attracting lot of attention from the media.

Check out our small talk with Ajay -

CE: Hello Mr. Ajay, please tell us about yourself and your current job.
Ajay: I am a diploma holder (Radio Engineering, Computer Hardware Engineering & Mobile Engineering). I own a mobile repairing shop.

CE: How did you get the idea of making waterproof cellular phone?
Ajay: Each month, all leading cell phone companies release new models with funky features. Even the expensive cell phones are rendered useless when they come in contact with moisture/water. I did not like that & I started my own research on the issue.

CE: Please explain your method of making waterproof cell phones.
Ajay: I have created a special solution which needs to be applied to the motherboard at a very low temperature using hot airgun.

CE: Have you done any tests so far to ensure that your solution works?
Ajay: Yes, indeed. I've done several tests. These tests were done to ensure that-
  • The solution is transparent so that all circuit components can be identified
  • The solution does not affect the software (Mobile OS)
  • The call quality is not affected
  • During hardware troubleshooting, any component can be easily replaced.
  • There are no network variations
  • The solution can be easily removed using C.T.C (Carbon Tetra Chloride) or using hot airgun at a very low temperature for tracing or fault finding.
  • No effect on the life of battery. The battery (Power Supply, IC, CPU, BGA) do not warm up.
CE: That's great! Are all parts (screen, camera, keypad) of the cell phone protected by this method?
Ajay: Yes, the solutions protects the motherboard, CPU, LCD etc.

CE: How is the response so far?
Ajay
: My work has been appreciated by all. Don't forget to watch me on IBN7 (show time yet to be decided).

CE: What are your plans for the future?
Ajay:
I'm going to patent my solution. If any mobile manufacturing company is interested, I'm ready to hand over my invention. I am also planning to develop my own network regarding water resistent solution.

CE:Thanks for being a part of Crazy Engineers team. What would be your advice to engineering students & and innovators?
Ajay:
Just one message - "If you have faith, you can do anything"!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are thankful to Mr. Ajay Vishwakarma for sparing time to talk to us. The thread is open for discussions.

Replies

• DEP
    DEP
    thankyou biggie for the updates.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This solution still allows the components to dissipate heat? Nice! Hmm.. Nemos47 would certainly be interested in this thread 😉
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    I liked the interview. Can Mr. Ajay Vishwakarma post pictures? I would like to see how the motherboard looks when coated with the solution.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

chakde anyone?? have heard loads about it but havent watched it yet. whats say people ? should i take some time out for it?😛
Hi, I have the gerbers for a single board computer,to be released for manufacturing.There are a few (20-30) system bus tracks from the processor to the RAM. Should these tracks,which...
Im at your new age.Hey!!I am really confusing why i cant activate my frienster site. My school Asministrator has restricted it using Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Any one in the...
hello ! very good evening to all.
give me some ideas for mini projects