Water bottles by Govt. Rs 10/litre ! ! ! Absolute insaneness....

GM Guys,

Today after reading the newspaper, i was a bit disturbed.

There is a launch of Drinking Water Bottles by TN Govt

@Rs 10/ litre.

In comparison with the price of the other items, according to a video it is 10000 times costlier it seems.

It is the primary responsibility of the government to provide clean drinking water free of cost.

I dont understand this kind of business tricks by the govt & how the public welcoming the same.

What do you say?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    No I dont think its a insane activity. The pricing is justified and how do you think of getting a mineral water for free?
    If you expect a free system for pure drinking water, it is acceptable but asking for a mineral water for free is not right.
  • oprime
    oprime
    N.Gowtham Raj
    GM Guys,

Today after reading the newspaper, i was a bit disturbed.

There is a launch of Drinking Water Bottles by TN Govt

@Rs 10/ litre.

In comparison with the price of the other items, according to a video it is 10000 times costlier it seems.

It is the primary responsibility of the government to provide clean drinking water free of cost.

I dont understand this kind of business tricks by the govt & how the public welcoming the same.

What do you say?
    I hope you know that you/your parent has to pay a water tax to the municipal corporation for getting access to water.
    Purifying water is a costly process. Moreover there is cost of packaging, the cost of the water bottles and cost of transportation and distribution.
    Bisleri/Kinley/Aquafina 1L mineral water bottles cost around Rs.17/18.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am firm believer that normal water (the one that's used for normal usage) should also be charged. Not too costly as drinking water, but fair enough to stop them wasting it.

People are wasting water because it is free, Charge them some money & you won't see a drop of water wastage. (Isolated connection for water to meter down the usage will be good)
  • oprime
    oprime
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am firm believer that normal water (the one that's used for normal usage) should also be charged. Not too costly as drinking water, but fair enough to stop them wasting it.

People are wasting water because it is free, Charge them some money & you won't see a drop of water wastage. (Isolated connection for water to meter down the usage will be good)
    In many cities water meters are being installed. Hope they start charging appropriately soon. Purified water is a very scarce resource. This is the only way people will start behaving responsibly.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    oprime
    In many cities water meters are being installed. Hope they start charging appropriately soon. Purified water is a very scarce resource. This is the only way people will start behaving responsibly.
    Whoa! I didn't knew that it's been already implemented. Can you spell out name of few cities with Water meters ? And what's the charge ?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ TSH : True that! I might sound harsh for many , but I wish water was atleast half as expensive as petrol. It pains to see - water tankers carrying water, but the outlet taps leaks and 10-15% of water is wasted that way. One research mentioned 40% of water is wasted in transportation in our capital.
    I never see people wasting a single drop of petrol, or oil for that matter, when its water what is needed.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    We in Chennai are supposed to have a meter fixed in our metro water line But you know about the governments If a government changes the plan changes
    Abhishek Rawal
    Whoa! I didn't knew that it's been already implemented. Can you spell out name of few cities with Water meters ? And what's the charge ?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# So, what will be the cost if the government set-up the water line in Chennai ? I am very eager to know about its rate.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    No idea I heard that the pricing will be in the range of 3 to 6 Rs per kilo litre

That was in early 2000's no idea what it will be now
  • oprime
    oprime
    Abhishek Rawal
    Around 6 years ago, the Kolkata Municipal Corporation had wanted to get water meters installed. Am not sure if they could install it as many people were resisting it. My dad said that the World Bank recommended water meter installation to be made mandatory. (World Bank provides funds for water purification. In many districts of West Bengal, the ground water has high Arsenic content)
    I don't know if the meters have been installed but they surely do not charge by the meter.

Very recently in some newspaper in Bangalore, I saw that the municipal corporation was trying to get water meters installed.
  • kheerthi chandru
    kheerthi chandru
    poeple don't waste things only if they pay for it. i think gujarat has the best scheme in water management.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia, the Finnish mobile manufacturer has unveiled two new feature phones, the Nokia 108 and Nokia 108 Dual-SIM. Both the phones have been given a price tag of $29 (Rs....
During training in BHEL somehow I know that recently Indian railway is replacing DC traction motors by induction motors but I failed to know how the speed control is done...
Today, as we celebrate Onam all over the world, I take this moment to wish all CEans a very Happy and Prosperous Onam. ​For those who don't know about this...
Who is the present INDIAN RAILWAY MINISTER? I searched over net but it is showing different ministers.
Hello everyone... I want to change my display name. Can i change it? if yes then how can i ? Do reply please.... 😀 thanks