Watching TV on your Laptop

1. Watching TV Online through Internet – This option though it costs no extra money to get started, it is of not much high quality. The most important requirement would be a high speed internet connection for access to websites offering your favourite shows. IPTV[Internet Protocol TV] technology helps to transmit data through the internet.

There are also some sites which provide free access to some TV shows like AOL TV

2. Broadcast TV through Cable Connection – To use this option you will need to connect the Laptop/Computer to the local cable connection using a hardware device called as the ‘TV Tuner Card’ which costs you in the range of 30$ to 100$ based on the features and manufacturer.

Internal TV Tuner Cards / USB TV Tuner Devices are generally used when you want to record the TV shows. They require a software to be installed on your computer and you need to make sure that your PC is running when you want to run this device. Make sure that you have got a Powerful PC before using a Internal TV Tuner Card because it uses your computer resources.

External TV Tuner Cards are better for people who just want to watch and don't want to record Television on their PC. Its not connected with your computer’s CPU because you need to directly connect the cable to the Display Monitor/LCD.

If you need a high quality TV on your computer, 😒 then its seems better to opt for External TV Tuner Cards of the above listed options, because it does not need your PC for running it nor a Internet connection for broadcasting the shows.

So, enjoy all your favourite shows on your computer/laptop. 😁

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Virtual Memory is the space on the hard drive used as memory in case your computer's RAM falls short for the memory space required to run heavy applications like Dreamweaver,...
let me give my brief introduction Name:anusha Engineering Trade:electronics Location: hyderabad Occupation: final year student Hobbies & Interests:surfing net,badminton,intrested in research Aim in life: want to an environmentalist as well...
The domestic IT services market in India is estimated to grow from $5.7 billion in 2008 to $12.8 billion in 2013, which represents a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of...
im from the uk. and love taking things apart currently doing a race car of sorts keeps me saine .been looking for a forum like this for ages.
I really cant believe that electricity can be transmitted without the use of wires, just through some kind of electromagnetic induction. Can anyone explain the concept of wireless electricity? Has...