Watch Engineering... any one?

Common guys, its got some gears. Its got some angles, its got some microchips too. There is a very complex engineering involved in the making of your wrist watches (or any watches for that matter.)

Does any one know what mechanical engineering goes behind that? I'm a watches fan. I already own a Fast Track Gold Steel, Titan Regale and a Fossil. 😎
I like all of them, and I wanna know how they work. πŸ˜•

Any one there and listening?

Replies

• yudi
    yudi
    mayurpathak
    Common guys, its got some gears. Its got some angles, its got some microchips too. There is a very complex engineering involved in the making of your wrist watches (or any watches for that matter.)

Does any one know what mechanical engineering goes behind that? I'm a watches fan. I already own a Fast Track Gold Steel, Titan Regale and a Fossil. 😎
    I like all of them, and I wanna know how they work. πŸ˜•

Any one there and listening?
    hey mayur
    i guess following links will help you in finding your desired solutions

1>> #-Link-Snipped-#

2>> How do quartz watches work?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Thanks for the links Yudi. I was just trying to explore the engineering behind the watches.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Once would probably get the greatest satisfaction if you fabricate your own time piece (if you are a mechanical engineer, that is) πŸ˜‰

Other than their engineering precision, their high prices are hard to believe too πŸ˜› Tissot.. TAG Heuer.. Breitling.. one can only admire them from behind the shopping window πŸ˜”

.. unless you are Mayur πŸ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    πŸ˜’ Oh well nothing like that. Two of the three brands I own are Indians. And the third one was gifted to me by my brother.

Anyway, nothing wrong in the fact that I'm truly interested in watches and have made attempts to know how are they actually made. Also how do they last THAT long. (Watches have a tendency to run for years without much defect, except battery. That is SOME mechanical engineering. :ideaπŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am a cs student i am searching for project ideas (non existing)
HI πŸ˜› to all the CErs i am in the INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROL branch............ We have to prepare a final year project which is related to our branch......... It could...
An update as on 29[sup]th[/sup]July 2008. Number of Voters : 2210 (Unique voters, Unique Vote) Computer Engineer 685 31% Mechanical Engineer 478 21.6% Electronics Engineer 390 17.6% Electrical Engineer 284...
i think all have gone through this before... Suppose a clock takes 7 second to strick 7. How long will the same clock take to strike 10?
I believe all the working professionals should have a club of their own ! So, all working professionals - join in! Its for you! Say AYE!