wat is blu-ray disc??

can any boudy tell me wat is blu-ray disc??? and wat r its features? does it requres any other writer??

Replies

• no_atkt
    no_atkt
    Satyajit
    can any boudy tell me wat is blu-ray disc??? and wat r its features? does it requres any other writer??
    blu-ray is sony backed technology supported by the ps3 and hence will survive only if ps3 is a success and competes with MS backed HD DVD format (xbox 360)

it requires a different writer ... which damn costly as of now

for tech specs .... wikipedia and google

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Blu-ray Disc logo

Media type: High-density Optical disc - Wikipedia
    Code - Wikipedia: MPEG-2 - Wikipedia, Advanced Video Coding - Wikipedia, and VC-1 - Wikipedia
    Capacity: 25 Gigabyte - Wikipedia (single layer), 50 Gigabyte - Wikipedia (dual layer)
    Read mechanism: 1x@36Mb/s & 2x@72Mb/s
    Developed by: Blu-ray Disc Association - Wikipedia
    Usage: Data storage, including High-definition video - Wikipedia
  • chaudharyssv
    chaudharyssv
    Blu-Ray Disc

Blu-ray Disc is a next-generation optical disc format meant for high definition video (HD) and high density data storage, and is one of two competing standards for HD optical media. Its competitor is #-Link-Snipped-#. A BD same size as that of a DVD or CD.

Blu-ray gets its name from the shorter wavelength (405 nm) blue laser that, in addition to other techniques, allows it to store substantially more data on the same sized disc than DVD, which uses a longer wavelength (650 nm) red laser. Blu-ray was jointly developed by a group of leading consumer electronics and PC companies called the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), which succeeded the Blu-ray Disc Founders (BDF).

One single-layer Blu-ray Disc (BD) can hold about 25 GB or over two hours of HD video plus audio, and the dual-layer disc can hold approximately 50 GB.

Blu-ray is currently supported by more than 170 of the world's leading consumer electronics, personal computer, recording media, video game and music companies.

BD Players will be common in 2006-2007. In 2003, Sony released its first Blu-ray recorder in Japan with a price tag of around $3,000.

Currently BD are being used in Japan and US. LG and SONY launched Blu-ray disc players in India in August 2006. TDK - Wikipedia recently announced that they have created a working experimental Blu-ray Disc capable of holding 200 GB of data on a single side (six 33 GB data layers).

Regards,

Satendra Chaudhary

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Folks, First of all, 'Hi' to all of you! Before describing the problem, let me first give my system configuration. Processor - Pentium IV 2.8 GHz Motherboard - D101...
Hello Folks, This is Satendra Chaudhary, a new CEan. And my intro follows: - Name: Satendra Chaudhary *Engineering Trade: Computer Science & Engineering Location:New Delhi, but studying in Rajasthan *Occupation:...
Here is TuL!P, a new CEan. And my intro is: Name: TuL!P Engineering Trade: Computer Science & Engineering Location: Lahore, Pakistan Occupation: Student of MCS (2nd semester) Work Experience: N/A...
Got this poem through e-mail. ************************************************* The name is good, the brand is big But the work I do is that of a pig The work or the brand; what...
I was wondering if anyone here ever took pains to read 'A Brief History Of Time' by Stephen Hawking. The book is simply Amazing!😁 I recommend it to everyone who...