Waste Heat

Is there any possibility to use the waste heat which is coming out through a chimney whose temperature around 150 deg C in many of the industries?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    first give your ideas then we can help you
    in my view it is in large hight and consists of many gases so we cant use them
  • baja
    baja
    My idea is this...
    We know about solar cells are costly because energy their energy density is very low..(around 1kw/m2)
    But flue gases around 150 deg centigrade around 50000m3 per hour is ejected into atmosphere... any possibility to use it?
    And also its energy density is high..
    Is there any existing technology to use it..
    like thermal cells and their economic feasibility...
  • manivannan.mv
    manivannan.mv
    may be your ideas can be useful for thermal power plants...........
    in my point of view by using the heat given by flue gas to heat the water again to get a more steam.......
    simply a recycling process
    its just my idea...
    i don't know it is correct r not?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @mani: but i think your recycle process is already implemented
    @baja: may be useful but you have to keep at high ranges and those gases is went to normal atmosphere because of this usage there occurs pollution and leads to death of human beings
    i think your thinking only about heat but not flue gases
  • baja
    baja
    @ Mani: yes, as said by narayana murthy its already implemented in thermal power plant.. and its is called "economiser"
    already this flue gas is used in following ways:
    1.super heaters
    2.economiser
    3.Air pre heater
    then it is let out at
    150deg of 50000m3 per hour
    is there any possibility to use it..
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yeah baja,I these superheaters and economisers are in vogue in thermal sector.They help in increasing efficiancy of whole system by saving heat which otherwise will be wasted.I think Khaled Hamza has wrote some good things about boilers too.I have some articles wich I posted on CE sometime back.
    I had started a discussion on this topic.

here is the thread.#-Link-Snipped-#
    Please share every one any knowledge you have.
  • baja
    baja
    thanks a lot..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i had a flow chart with regard to gas processing unit,where can i get detail information about it..........
i have written my gate exam.please inform the companies recruit based on gate rank like iocl in petrochemical stream?
Boeing had to rival the Airbus A380, which is the biggest aircraft in the world. Boeing has unveiled longest passenger aircraft in the world – The Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental, 4th...
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) for a CubeSat, one kg, one cubic decimeter demonstrative satellite -------- I have to make the double sided PCB of a Cubesat power control and distribution...
I have to realize a cubical rigid aluminum structure, roughly 10 cm x 10 cm x10 cm like this cubesat chassis. For PCBs, I know that there are manufacturers where...