Was Osama a terrorist?

What do you think people? How can we call Osama a terrorist? He gave up his *millions* for the sake of his own people.
If he was really a greedy man then he would be engaged in his construction business that his father started. He would have never gone against King Faisal Saud.

He wanted to protect his country.

He reacted swiftly to Iraqi invasion and saw it fulfilling his prophecy. He immediately forwarded another letter to the king suggesting in detail how to protect the country from potentially advancing Iraqi forces. In addition to many military tactics suggested, he volunteered to bring all the Arab mujahedeen to defend the kingdom. That letter was presented in the first few days of the incident...
Source: Who Is Bin Laden? - A Biography Of Osama Bin Laden | Hunting Bin Laden | FRONTLINE | PBS

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Rules:

Do not take any comment as an offence.

This is just to ignite thinking to decide what is good and what is bad.

*If good, then why/ why not?* and *If bad then why/ why not.*
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    @Ishan Everyone will have some good in them and considering the good some one had done to their own. We can only say that are really good persons. On this part Osama is really good person in which he had served many of his own people.

but

It shouldn't be an expense of other human lives. He had killed many people who were in his way to feed his people. It shouldn't be like that.

Money, religion and power shouldn't become the barriers between humans. Until the day they exist as an important part in human life, many people like Osama bin Laden will start to grow and fight for their existence. Everyone had committed mistakes in his case but because he was responsible for the death of many humans. I will say he is a terrorist.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Was Osama a terrorist?

That depends on your definition of a terrorist.
    Osama might have helped his people.. He might also have been idolized and hailed by some group of people..
    But the way he did that is what is questionable. Killing innocent people and damaging public property, just to prove a point, is not a good thing from any one's point of view..
    So, Osama was definitely a terrorist (of course, according to my definition of a terrorist).
  • jhnmichle
    jhnmichle
    There is no internationally accepted definition of terrorism???
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    jhnmichle
    There is no internationally accepted definition of terrorism???
    There is.. But that definition is not necessarily accepted by everyone.. And you can't say that anyone who doesn't accept the current definition of a terrorist is a terrorist himself..

Anyway, I think I'm deviating from the topic.. To reiterate, Osama was a terrorist, according to me, and also according to any modern definition of a terrorist that I have come across..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Every government in the world has at some point or the other killed innocent people - out of their own interest. The interesting thing is that every 'killer' does it in the name of 'justice'. Sad.
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    dear friend your comment is 99.99% true. actually it is the media propeganda to blame someone for the sake of superpowers
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    dear friend your comments are not based on reality i think you are affected by media double mindness
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    So Terrorism, I have seen everyone’s replies and I think you all have good points. Now This is my idea of what terrorism is. 😀

Terrorism according to me is terrorizing people for personal greed. So if you think whatever I have just stated is correct then let us be clear that Osama was not greedy.
    Certain people who resort to extremism are called or treated like proven terrorists because they go against present day government.
    Now the real terrorists in world according to me are Hitler, Muammar Gaddafi etc. these people oppressed, slaughtered many people. Hitler slaughtered Jews; Muammar Gaddafi is slaughtering his own people, Aurangzeb slaughtered many Hindus.
    Does anyone call these people as terrorists? No because they were *heads of states*.
    To make my point clear America has killed many innocent Muslims in it’s so called drone air attacks. America killed number more people than Osama killed Americans. The good work done by Osama can be seen in Sudan.
    Does anyone know Fidel Castro? He is not called a terrorist because he was victorious in his war against America. He could form a state of Cuba.
    Osama is called a terrorist because he lost in his war against America. But take my word in case his supporters can form an Islamic state which he wanted to, then he would be called father of that nation. He will no longer be called a terrorist then.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    One more thing, we are calling Osama as a terrorist because America is calling him one. I think tongue is yours but the one speaking from it is America.

Please do not get offended by my words. I am saying this because everyone blindly accepted that he is a terrorist just because media told us so.

Has anyone thought even for a second that "Is he really?" or if yes "what were conditions that made him so?"
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    @Ishan in my view Osama is a terrorist because he killed many people and if we talk about killing innocent people.

I have a few questions for Osama if he's really made a purposeful fight(I don't think its a purposeful fight either.)

What he's fighting for? To spread his religion.

Who do he really wanted to kill when crashed the twin towers. You must have known how many innocent people were dead in that attack.

Planting bombs in public places aren't these activities are of terrorists and I also agree your above point but these are only my views.

In my view any person harms any one in the name of religion,greed or any other cause will be terrorist. No matter he won or lost the battle.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    and he might be a god in a muslim nation but he definitely will not be a god in a country like America and even in India which has a fair amount of muslims.

P.S 😁 hehe 😛 😒 only my views.
  • Pranay Uparkar
    Pranay Uparkar
    no. he is criticized as terrorist bcoz he ws against america.
    daud is criticized as DON in india. what a status man.
    i m a fan of hitler. he too was right on his own way
  • Pranay Uparkar
    Pranay Uparkar
    buddy all is fair in love and war
  • Smell Smoke
    Smell Smoke
    Well the definition of Terrorist is one thing i still got doubt on. Whether osama was good or bad depends on the importance for us to which what he has done. He killed people and he did feed some. He considered those people more important or more needy. Thus saying someone as good or bad will depend on the particular situation. Nobody is a GOOD boy or a BAD boy.
    As jesus told, “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.”
  • Kautilya
    Kautilya
    Perhaps we should try to imagine the plight of a six year old in 2001 who would never get to see his father for no fault of his own.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sandeep Rajagopal Information Technology Mumbai Student interested in new softs, technos ,inventions discoveries I joined CrazyEngineers because: To meet,interact,debate,learn with Engineers in the CE Family
NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies), in association with NSDC (National Skills Development Corporation), is inviting applications to participate in the World Skills Competition 2011 in London. The...
Panasonic CS-S12MKY is a 1 ton split air conditioner with 3.5kW consumption. The AC comes with 5 year warranty and features 'ECONAVI' which detects human presence and activity as well....
Samsung has released the Samsung Sliding PC. The laptop has been made available for pre-order for $640. Features include 1366 x 768-resolution, 10" screen, dual front and rear cameras (1.3...
For those inclined: Quote:Disruption. In today's business world it's a constant the force that never lets up. While we may get a break from turmoil in the economy and markets,...