Want to work in core CSE field, Is Mtech a good idea?

Hi..

Currently I'm working in a support based project (but the work is that of software development and customization). I want to work in the field of core computer science. But my current job is not at all related to it, except the programming part.

Now, let me tell my background. I completed my engineering last year in CSE from not-so-good college, although, Being in the first batch, I was very enthusiastic about open source softwares, programming, etc. But the job I got was not in this field. I gave GATE, and a couple of other exams for Mtech/ME. But couldn't get a premier institute (got 96.7 percentile in final yr of engineering, and 95 while doing job, so I attribute it to lack of preparation due to job).

I'm now confused, as to I should prepare hard for entrance exams again, or just quit this job next year (there is a bond, else I would not have been working here) and look for one that suits me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now that you are already employed, your graduation marks won't matter much (unless the recruiting company really cares about it). If you want to join a hard-core Computer Sciences job; then you should look for the startup companies in Mumbai. You might also look at companies like Flipkart, Jabong which might offer you some innovative, hardcore CS challenges in mega-level networks, scalable products and so on.

I'm not sure how M.Tech would help. Startups is what you should be looking at.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bhumik Mehta i done with my MBA and i like to Share with you my Case Studies...
i want do electrical project... so i want new and innovative ideas
Apple in a few months going to launch its most awaited cell phone i.e. iPhone 5 and there are many features and designs that are already been showcased by many...
The age of unmanned combat aircrafts is here with the successful first phase flight tests of Northrop Grumman X-47B. The technology indicates a huge leap in the current era of...
Of late there seems to be a spate of trivial queries being posted on various categories in the CE community. The poster does not seem to be overly concerned about...