Want to shift career from automation testing to BI

Hi,

I am having around 9 years of experience which includes manual testing and automation testing using qtp/uft.
i would like to change my career to BI/Informatica.
Please do suggest.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vishal Kiran Gowda
    Hi,

I am having around 9 years of experience which includes manual testing and automation testing using qtp/uft.
    i would like to change my career to BI/Informatica.
    Please do suggest.
    Dear Vishal, welcome to CrazyEngineers. It's not clear what problems/challenges you are facing while shifting to new career and what are the questions you'd like us to answer. It'd be nice if you could be as specific as possible so that we save some time in understanding the problem.
  • Vishal Kiran Gowda
    Vishal Kiran Gowda
    I don't have job satisfaction and career growth, currently working as Senior Test Engineer - Automation test using UFT 12.0
    I looking you make a career shift towards Informatica/Mobile Testing.
    please suggest, what i am thinking is the right move or is any other stuff were i can have a career growth.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Had I been in your situation, I'd have began with an analysis of what's currently wrong with my current job. If it's the technology that's boring - I'd think of options. If it's the job; I'd look for a new one. If it's the entire testing domain that doesn't entice you - only then I'd think of switching to a new one. BI / Mobile Testing are two different domains and you will have to first decide on which one is more suitable to you; because you surely don't want to end up in the same situation a few years down the line.

I'd rather say switch to a new job / company for a better position, salary.
  • Vishal Kiran Gowda
    Vishal Kiran Gowda
    Thank you for the suggestion.

As you have mentioned, i tired to switch to other companies, but i didn't even got one single interview(skills - qtp and manual testing). hope even others are facing the same issue, not sure wether market is down for qtp.
    Please have your words on the same.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As i know to upload a pic in any discussion here ,we need to give url of the image ,which is on some different website or server.What if someone changes...
Researchers from the University of Illinois have built a novel molecule-making machine that acts like a 3-D printer at the molecular level. This complex looking machine has simplified the assembly...
Researchers at University of Cambridge are working to make real time 3D holographic displays possible. The researchers have designed a new type pixel element having unique switching capability. This newly...
what type of configurational changes are done on the wings of an aircraft to make it able to fly upside down.I mean how a normally flying plane gets inverted without...
Google’s Chromecast is one of the most popular digital media player available in the market. But one of the drawbacks that it had was that it could be controlled only...