Want to defy gravity...!!!

Inspired from the star wars vehicles i have decided to step in one of those one day.

i need lots of comments,tips and suggestions because i am thinking of an electromagnet which can defy gravity as we know earth itself is a magnet.๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
if this becomes possible i think we can build 0 friction vehicles as they will just float on earths surface.๐Ÿ˜
i am sure its hidden tech but i need your help C.E's๐Ÿ˜ฒ, just need to create a compact and strong electromagnet using anything like voltages of lightning bolts, superconductivity principles etc etc.๐Ÿ˜•

it will be really an interesting one.๐Ÿ˜’

i had posted a thread few months back regarding a wheel assembly.
glad to tell that all my threads are a bit co related to eachother.
i'll keep u informing whats going in my brains but at present help me solve the question in this thread.

Aj...!!!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice, I also liked the vehicles in Star Wars. I used to browse the "Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels" star wars book in the bookshops and imagine them flying in real life!

Regarding the earth's magnetic field, I'm afraid it's really impractical to utilize it from the ground. Not only is the strength is weak (range of microtesla), the field lines are parallel to the ground unless you are at the poles ๐Ÿ˜€

Currently, the magnetic field has it's advantages in space.. where satellites can use them to align themselves to point to the earth. Because of the weak gravitational forces in orbit, even a strength of microtesla's can produce enough torque to rotate the satellite.

My group made an electromagnet for a present project, and it was very easy to do. Of course, you have to remember that electromagnets can only attract other ferrite materials, not repel. You'll need to put the electromagnet with another electromagnet or permanent magnet.. and make sure it has a strong enough magnetic field to repel it's own weight.

For floating vehicles in the air, I guess you can use super powerful electromagnets all over the ground (perhaps make a highway of them), while the weaker electromagnet counterpart can be on the vehicle. We can keep the strength of the ground electromagnets constant, while the one in the vehicle can be vary according to how high you want to be. However, you'll still need another type of propulsion to move the vehicle forward, backward, etc.
  • Differential
    Differential
    if this becomes possible i think we can build 0 friction vehicles as they will just float on earths surface
    What about air resistance???

and by the way if they become zero-friction, somehow, how will you stop (or slow) them?
    Ans: By firing jet in opposite direction????
  • gohm
    gohm
    i think using vector thrust will be your most practical bet for an atomospheric vehicle, like the POD racer vehicles. maglev is a good idea for track vehicles like trains, trollies, etc. however not for something free ranging like the landspeeder. Did you know the landspeeder in New Hope had wheels which were blurred out? Look closely next time you watch.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    well making things float is very easy but to say that we made something anti-gravity that's still a dream.
    This is really advance project lolz
    My bet would be on either ZPE (Zero Point Energy) or Negative Energy (Dark Matter) which we believe has anti gravity properties, still waiting for response from CERN ๐Ÿ˜”

But hey superconductor can do your job for freely flying metals in the air within a limited area and that also with electricity or anything. ๐Ÿ˜

But hey I totally forgot, I saw that on myspace well Gary McKinnon says Anti-Gravity has already been invented

#-Link-Snipped-#

He hacked NASA and US military computers and found that they have hidden many secrets ๐Ÿ˜€

You can search his interviews in youtube also ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ozpulse
    ozpulse
    Ha!๐Ÿ˜ Who doesnt want to defy gravity? That is the question!lol I am thinking along these lines at the moment myself ! As for drive and directional control I would go with with a four axis gyro drive, limiting the axis variation will effect force imparted on chassis/Structure. This should allow fast directional changes also ! Ha! Get ready to pull some G's!๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • nitish sinha
    nitish sinha
    $..Aj..Rules..$
    Inspired from the star wars vehicles i have decided to step in one of those one day.

i need lots of comments,tips and suggestions because i am thinking of an electromagnet which can defy gravity as we know earth itself is a magnet.๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
    if this becomes possible i think we can build 0 friction vehicles as they will just float on earths surface.๐Ÿ˜
    i am sure its hidden tech but i need your help C.E's๐Ÿ˜ฒ, just need to create a compact and strong electromagnet using anything like voltages of lightning bolts, superconductivity principles etc etc.๐Ÿ˜•

it will be really an interesting one.๐Ÿ˜’

i had posted a thread few months back regarding a wheel assembly.
    glad to tell that all my threads are a bit co related to eachother.
    i'll keep u informing whats going in my brains but at present help me solve the question in this thread.

Aj...!!!
    hey u have a gr8 idea there is no problem creating a strong electomagnet but hw can u know where to place that magnet so that it gets the same polarity as that of the earth's magnet bcoz then only u can defy gravity think over it a little...๐Ÿ˜•
  • Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    The use of Electromagnets doesnt seem possible as the earths magnetic field is too weak to have any visible effects.

The only option which seems workable is the use of VERTICAL JETS or what is called VECTORED THRUST. It is commonly used in the Naval Jet Aircrafts (Fighters) for VERTICAL LANDING onboard Aircraft Carriers in the navy where long runways are not available.

It consists of a MOVABLE set of Nozzles at exhaust which can be directed at necessary Angles and the Jet Exhaust inturn can vary its angle. While landing the Nozzles are directd Vertically downwards adjusting the magnitude of Thrust, the plane makes a straight Vertical landing manouver.

Gohm was right.

Electromagnets spread on the roads/a highway of them? What would be the strength of field required and how would one energise them? All the best making it feasible.
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    Superconducting levitation can help us.

It's similar to the principle employed by MAGLEV except for the fact that one of the magnets will be replaced ny a superconductor. Superconductors are diamegnetic in nature, so they'll repel any magnet. It's called Meissner effect.

So in principle if we are able to make magnetic roads, cars with superconductors fitted to them, will float on the surface of the roads.

OR

if room temperature Superconductors are developed someda, we moght make roads out of superconductors and let cars be fitted with magnets. It is to be noted that we have assumed abundant availability of superconductors ( A distant dream in itself), then superconducting elctromagnetsmagnets will solve the priblem of making large elctromagnets which consume enormous amounts of power.

I was fortunate enough to see a superconducting cyclotron. They cool NBT using liquid He at 4.2K to produce superconducting coils. It's a wonder machine in itself.

Wholla, we have Defied gravity.

Regards

Biswa
  • prayas2005
    prayas2005
    hi dude...
    what you are imagining is not too far from MAGLEV...and i'm also persuing a project that's related to maglevs...
    so i'd also like people to tell me how to build a maglev prototype and where to get all the stuff to make it...i live in delhi...so any place you ppl know in delhi or nearby areas where i can buy magnets and all...๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I'm an electronics engineer mainly towards the embedded systems side of things. Glad I found CE! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Hi! I am Will Dwinnell, a data miner in Pennsylvania, in the United States. I write for two Weblogs: Data Mining in MATLAB and... Data Mining and Predictive Analytics I...
Hello! I am also student of Mechanical Engineering,if you have solution manual of Vector Mechanics for Engineers by Beer & Johnston 7th or 8th edition please send me at
Hi guys I am Barry doing my Mechanical engg in VVCE mysore 8th sem. I am doing a seminar on under waterwindmill and i am able to find much course...
I have a problem with my project, one of my transistors' leg is broken, so i couldn't test weather my sirens working or not. transistor = bc547. i couldn't get...