Want To Be Your Own Boss? Think Again!

This article is #4 in the series on Entrepreneurship and continued from "#-Link-Snipped-#".

Point 4: It’s not about being your boss. It’s about having a vision.

I’ve met few wannabe entrepreneurs who said they want to be entrepreneur because they don’t want to work for someone else. They want to be their own bosses. There is nothing wrong with the attitude. In reality, it could be hard not to have a boss. Sometimes it’s easier to work on tasks assigned by the boss and submitting them within the set deadline than defining your own tasks, deadlines and work on them. Imagine having to do everything on your own - right from deciding your own timings, your own tasks, your own deadlines and then forcing yourself to complete your self-assigned tasks within the timeline set by you. I'd recommend you to spend few days, weeks doing everything on your own to get a taste of an entrepreneur's life.

#-Link-Snipped-#An entrepreneur must have a vision for his his/her venture. It makes it easier to define short term and longer term goals. If you have an idea of a startup in your mind, ask these questions: What problem am I trying to solve? Where do I see myself 10 years from now if I continue with my beliefs? How can my venture flourish? Answers to these questions can give you a fair idea of what your vision is. I warn you again, if its simply 'making money', then better keep your day job; because that is the safest way of earning money and you surely don't want to miss on that.

Tip: Have a clear vision for your enterprise. Being your boss may not be cool always.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of my assumptions about career design lays shattered today. I thought that students do not have visibility into their next career spaces, and that is why there is so...
The Football Fever is in the air. Then, how can this arena remain untouched by Technologists around the globe? Since 1992, RoboCupTM Group has made an attempt to foster AI...
This article is continued from "Want to be your own boss? Think Again!" Point 5: It’s not about taking risks. It’s about taking calculated risks. Typically, entrepreneurs are considered as...
NotionInk's CEO, Rohan Shravan, recently published a post informing users that they won't have to wait until November 2010 to get ADAM in their hands. The team is working hard...
In March 2010, CE got hacked. The hacker got access to our site and installed malicious code in 2 directories. As a result, Google listed us as a site that...